Golden Carp Award

Started by theswimmer, February 24, 2021, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Who was the last winner of the Golden Carp ?
If anyone knows , speak up , as on the upcoming Starfire trip  April 10th we will award it to the next luckiest recipient .
This is an honor bestowed to the angler who catches the smallest fish !
With many prominent and famous piscadores as past honorees it is a true privilege to carry this tradition forward .
Surprisingly in the past the humble winner has not only caught the smallest but also the largest fish so it has become somewhat of a luck charm .
So , who has the Golden Carp ?
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

I think Big Tim had it last but I'm not 100% on that....

It's gonna be a great trip and I'm excited to bring along a couple first timers!!!!

El Pescador

Quote from: pjstevko on February 24, 2021, 07:50:00 PM
..... I'm excited to bring along a couple first timers!!!!

PJ!!!!

If your couple of first-timers needs gear, I have 4 sets of Rockfish/lingcod rods & reels, loaded ready to go.  if we need more, I'll call Dominick...

Let me know,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

pjstevko

Quote from: El Pescador on February 24, 2021, 08:01:00 PM
Quote from: pjstevko on February 24, 2021, 07:50:00 PM
..... I'm excited to bring along a couple first timers!!!!

PJ!!!!

If your couple of first-timers needs gear, I have 4 sets of Rockfish/lingcod rods & reels, loaded ready to go.  if we need more, I'll call Dominick...

Let me know,

Wayne

Wayne I appreciate that offer and will probably take you up on your offer but let me see how many i can get together myself...I'll let you know as we get closer

pjstevko

Who has the Golden Carp ?

It'll need to be passed on to the next "winner" on the June 7th trip!!!!!!

theswimmer

Scuttlebut was that David Hall was the last individual to have the dubious honor but that remains unconfirmed ....
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Ron Jones

The Golden Carp was passed to myself from the Phat BA$$TARD himself a good while back. I intend to pass it on on the June 7th trip.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

theswimmer

Yayyyyyy !
Thanks for stepping up Ron !
Tradition is what it is all about . The Golden Carp award has special meaning for us as  often it is awarded to the individual who is fishing the hardest .
Law of averages what ?
It is just as difficult to catch the smallest fish as it is the Biggest .
At least that is how  I keep deceiving myself !  ;D 8) ::  

Best,
Jonny

Errol Flynn

David Hall

Yes it is true, I was a one time winner of the GC Award.  But it was in the early days and there wasn't an actual trophy at the time so it wasn't as meaningful an event.  I understand there is an actual trophy now?  I'll do my best to NOT a win it again.

theswimmer

I bought the Golden Carp award on my first stay at Chalet Tani .
The glorious Miss Mari and I had come down from the hills for the trip and it was the first time we met many of the members .
The Golden Carp award was purchased at a yard sale on the side of the road in Atascadero for the princely sum of 2 bits .
Tradition and Ohana all in one ....
I belive the first official recipiant was Mr Liddle but my memory of the whole weekend is a little fuzzy .
Best,
Jonny

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

It'll be good for it to pass hands!

Ron Jones

Quote from: pjstevko on May 12, 2021, 02:52:15 AM
It'll be good for it to pass hands!
You have no idea!
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

theswimmer

I place Huge value on the Golgen Carp award .
I have created a Chain of Custodey document that will be signed by awardees so that we do not loose track of this trophy !
Ohana !
Best,
Jonny

Errol Flynn

Ron Jones

Just show me where to sign!
Ronald Jones
"