Loomis in Japan?

Started by gstours, April 08, 2023, 02:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

After a while in watching this favorite rod builder of great manufactured salmon rod blanks and builds I was almost wondering when the eventually would happen.   This is not to say their blanks and finished rod wont be eeven better, and possiply more affordable.   
  We have seen many changes through the years and almost always have to feel it out.... 
What are you thoughts?   Oar why waste my concerns?    :fish

Swami805

I thought Loomis was bought by shimano years ago
Do what you can with that you have where you are

whalebreath

Quote from: Swami805 on April 08, 2023, 03:35:39 AMI thought Loomis was bought by shimano years ago
Indeed it was-back in another century even.

Google is your friend.

Cuttyhunker

Usually when a Goliath company buys up a smaller quality operation it doesn't take long for the big boy to screw it up with cut corneritis even though the little guy is probably showing a better bottom line percentage than the big guy.  Penn is mostly in China etc etc.  A smaller top shelf cruise line the wife and I liked has been gobbled up by a mega cruise operation and the fresh native fish sandwich on the pool deck for lunch is now frozen fish sticks, I don't think prisons are allowed to serve that crap anymore.   Sigh...... 
Doomed from childhood

Gfish

Bought a nice 10.5' IMX Loomis Surfcaster bout 15 yrs. ago. Great action and build quality. No "made in" label anywhere on it. I'd buy another one if need be...
The Japanese have(had?) a thing about quality products and building/maintaining that reputation...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

gstours

Thanks for the updated info.   As i live my life in a sort of getaway, when i come to town its usally a rude awakening,  and a WTF???...   Times change , but is it wrong to relish the good old days? :al

Shellbelly

Quote from: gstours on April 09, 2023, 09:56:55 PMbut is it wrong to relish the good old days? :al
Nope!  That's why we wander the world looking for old stuff.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Midway Tommy

I have a couple of "Loomis during their prime" high modulus graphite spinning rods. I've also got a half dozen high end high modulus St. Croix graphite spinning rods. Personally, I prefer the St. Croixs at least two to one over the Loomis rods. I think the St. Croix rods are way more sensitive.   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

oc1

Being acquired by Shimano is a lot better than being acquired by Pure Fishing.

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: oc1 on April 10, 2023, 06:09:38 AMBeing acquired by Shimano is a lot better than being acquired by Pure Fishing.
Certainly didnt hurt power pro
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.