Rod Racks and More...

Started by dblply, January 23, 2011, 04:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dblply

The weather here in Florida has been no fun to fish...  So since I wasn't on the water, I built some new rod racks to better manage my arsenal...

Here is what I had before:

Here is what I have now:

I also wanted to share this cool little grease gun I found.  I was at Harbor Freight Tools picking up some sandpaper when I ran across this little job.  Holds 3 ounces of grease and you fill it by hand.  I bought two for $4.59 each...  I replaced the tips with some of Alan's modified grease needles...  I will never use as much Grease as Alan or most of the folks on this board, but this is perfect for what I need...

alantani

hey, jim nomura had one of those grease guns.  they worked great!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Norcal Pescador

Nice rod racks! 8)   The Harbor Freight mini-gun is all I've used [as a reel hobbyist] and they don't take up much room.  ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Bryan Young

I think Jim has 2 of those for the bearing packers as well.  One for standard and one for metric.  Works great.  Been contemplating what to get, the gun like Alan or the plunger like Jim.  Both have their benefits.  Decisions, decisons...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Steve-O

Love the rod racks....I just put together a rod wrapper to mount on my fly tying table. Now I'm gonna hafta go and build me some nice rod racks, too. :o

I use the same China Freight grease gun as pictured. My take on it is this - it's CHEAP!...the CRC/Stabil blue marine grease that goes in it is cheap, too. However with me it seems to have somewhat sketchy performance. >:( Feels like the plunger is intermittent at times during use. Like it's cavitating? or loosing its prime. sucking air? I packed it quite full and carefully to avoid most air bubbles but the plunger still sometimes goes in far before grease comes out and sometimes not. Finessing just a teensy bit of grease can be tricky. Just rambling about it.  You get what you pay for...applies. ;D

Steve-O

sandbar

Pictures are missing
I would love to see them

Ron Jones

Wow, 10 years.
What is crazy is I remember the original thread.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"