How many rods?

Started by MarkT, April 08, 2021, 03:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: pjstevko on January 16, 2023, 06:29:27 PMI was just in the garage chilling with the cat and did a quick tally of my rods and I'm gonna say I have around 20.

That number including freshwater, travel, fly fishing and rods in need of repair.

As far as reels go I'm gonna guess it's around 15.

Guess to be part of the club I better start buying more of each  ;D

Slacker.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

JasonGotaProblem

My official answer is always "less than I want more than I need"

Probably about 25 custom rods I built myself. I've lost count.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Woodpuppy

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on August 26, 2023, 09:08:33 PMMy official answer is always "less than I want more than I need"

Oof, that applies to too many things... except guitars. I'm gonna need another tele, and something with humbuckers. And definitely more than one amp...

Reeltyme

Just to be clear, we are counting ONLY rods that we actually use, right? 10,,ish. Collectibles don't count.

Keta

I run Lee's Home For Wayword Rods and often get neglected rods dropped off.  Rods I do not use or have no use for get fixed and donated but I still have a pile of them.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

jgp12000

I used to buy a new rod for every reel I bought but all my rod holders are full now.So there is a storage issue.My reel collection has grown to a point that I am trying to be content,and just fish with what I have if that is possible?

thorhammer

I think 450-500 rods, about 630 reels. Then blanks, rod parts, and reel parts that could all be built out...gonna thin the herd this winter. Outta room.

That said, just accumulated $200 in BPS gift cards and a Hatteras trip in a month...

jgp12000

WOW,John ! I have one rod holder in my shop attic maybe 3 slots left, and the main rod holder on the shop floor is full .I always have one in the golf cart, and there are 6 on the dock 2 in the yak and 1 n the jon boat. It truly is a good sickness I rectum? I forgot one in every vehicle....you never know when you find a secret spot.

thorhammer

Quote from: jgp12000 on August 30, 2023, 01:10:53 PMWOW,John ! I have one rod holder in my shop attic maybe 3 slots left, and the main rod holder on the shop floor is full .I always have one in the golf cart, and there are 6 on the dock 2 in the yak and 1 n the jon boat. It truly is a good sickness I rectum? I forgot one in every vehicle....you never know when you find a secret spot.

I like your preparedness, James :)

steelfish

Quote from: thorhammer on August 30, 2023, 11:36:17 AMI think 450-500 rods, about 630 reels..

the ones in your outdoor store dont count, you have an outdoor store, right John? right?
 :o  :o
The Baja Guy

thorhammer

Alex, two :)

I like your thinking.

jgp12000

John,
I have to tell my wife those numbers,my collection is modest comparatively.I havent counted my reels,I would guess 60 counting shelfies.I want to do a spreadsheet with pictures of the vintage ones and what I paid for them so she will know they are worth something.

thorhammer

Naw, there's some folks on with a lot more than I, either quality / qty or both. I can't hold up 15 Penn 9's  I pieced together against one of Chris's first Gen 9/0's, etc.

jgp12000

I have a "Frankenine" Fred gave me a side plate to make it fishable.w/different color sideplates and an OC handle,it's works like a singer sewing machine ,I would drive it to California "yada yada". My wife doesn't care that I buy reels, I think its more of what's the point? I explained they're like shoes, each has its own purpose or  even sentimental value. Maybe underware with holes in them,is a better explanation,the most comfortable, broke in just right,you hate to throw away...

MarkT

I've slowed down the past couple of years. I've only added a Phenix psw909xh, Phenix Axis 760x2h (won in a drawing), Phenix Megalodon mpx-608 and a UC US Monster 90.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!