how we got started - looking back 3 years

Started by alantani, January 11, 2012, 04:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

justin and i will get you fishing oz+nz,and any one else

alantani

did i mention?  my youngest daughter is fine, but my oldest daughter and my wife are allergic to fish.   go figure.....   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

my babblin brook asked me why i never take her fishin.
whats the point?she would only find her way back home.
the max i go is only 25 miles offshore
she cant read either.

Alto Mare

Ok Alan, ever since you mentioned the bear claw I had to have one. I'm having mine now with my coffee, as I type.

I'm trying to lose a couple of pounds, thanks for helping out ;D.
That bear claw is yummy! I'm sure it won't be my last one ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

spottybastard

Alan,
I'd like to thank you.  This site you've set up is an awesome resource for anyone who even just thinks about messing with their reels. 

And if you ever happen to find yourself down here where its safe behind the "Orange Curtin"  hit me up and I'll treat you to a fresh bear claw from one of our numerous baked goodies vendors.  Or even better I'll treat you to a breakfast burrito on one of the cattle boats...  :o

Mike

erikpowell

Hey Alan, on your South Pacific Tour make sure to swing through Fiji...I've got a great spot for Bear Claws!
..you too Dom !

Dominick

Quote from: erikpowell on January 19, 2012, 12:48:50 AM
Hey Alan, on your South Pacific Tour make sure to swing through Fiji...I've got a great spot for Bear Claws!
..you too Dom !
I hate to say this, but I used to enjoy them ;).  I was diagnosed with a Gluten allergy so no wheat flour going on 7 years now :-\.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

sinkerswim

As I have previously written, I stumbled upon this site, by default. Man oh man, am I glad I did. Only three years young, and far wiser than anybody would have imagined. This site is the best of the best when it comes to reel repair. Second to none for sure. Thanks so much to Alan, the moderators and all the individual contributors that make this site what it is. AND YES!!! No advertisers! How's that for unbiased opinions.

Thank You All!!!! 

locknut

Congrats to Alan and all the others who selflessly give  their time. This is what its all about do something not expecting to get anything in return. I love the site, just when I think I have  aproblem that cannot be solved well I know where to turn. Got stuck in Fiji with an out of sorts reel well that was soon over come. Hey you guys should seriously think of coming down to NZ. We have a beach house at Piha you could use. We have a boat and the Marlin are coming onto the bite here. I am sure there are other members who could help out with cars and baches. We could all have a monster BBQ with you guys, you might not make it home. Any way if you are thinking of coming down get in contact with the Alan Tani appreciation society and it will be sorted.

wallacewt

ive been thinking the same thing.
it doesnt have to be expensive
accomodation free chip in for food
boats free,chip in for fuel
usa v nz(draw)
usa v oz(no hope)
nz v oz (same result)
oh i forgot,if you beat the oz team you pay for the lot ::)

salmon007

Truly an amazing and altruistic web site with a fantastic story!  Alan you have accomplished much in a short amount of time.  You have helped me out very much already by sharing your knowledge fo the Penn 320GT2 in such a professional manner.  Thanks for your service and God bless you.  Ray
Ray