Sapele Wood - Series 7 Box

Started by mmayo, June 24, 2021, 08:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmayo

This is a new wood for me even though it looks like the African mahogany I usually use. It is outstanding in every way. A bit more expensive but less than walnut.

Sorry the photos are large, they work great on other sites. I am still very grateful to Alan for his wonderful site and his generosity to all us to post here.

Kites fly the highest against the wind, not with it.

foakes

The highest grade skills and work, Sir!

Really good grain pattern and the way you put it together in a natural flow.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Tiddlerbasher

Bill B

Way too pretty to take on a boat!  Good job....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Rancanfish

One of my guitars is made from Sapele.  In your box it looks fab.  As a guitar it makes it look cheap IMHO.  I love regular mahogany, but I'm sure you know it's becoming a bit harder to obtain.

Your work is advancing in quality off the charts.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Ron Jones

I've used a bit of Sapele. Played with some gel stain and aniline die to get it to work as African Mahogany for shelves and such. I agree, it is great stuff to work with.

The box is stupendous as always.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !