Quick Standard?

Started by ClintB, August 04, 2021, 12:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClintB

Another reel I found in a lot I just purchased. Any ideas on model or year of manufacture?

wailua boy

Probably early 50's and looks to be in good condition. Nice find

foakes

About 1954.

It is a D-A-M Quick Standard S.W. 68.

This was the first mass produced reel after the factory was destroyed during WWII.

This one looks to be in good condition — but if any parts are needed — I have them all.

There is a bail spring under each German Silver dome.  They are opposite wound.

Tough, old reels.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Gfish

Yeah, I have one of those. Doesn't have the worm gear drive like the latter Quick's. Also has a cool, different, but strong, loud anti-reverse system. There are small differences in the 250 Standard model such as the handle knob and drag knob that might narrow it down. Search it and there's a German guy with a website that has a detailed history of DAM spinning reels.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!