Electric Reel Help

Started by Lunker Larry, August 12, 2021, 01:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

My nephew sent me these pictures today asking me if I knew anything about this reel and if it was worth anything. I think they found it clearing out a relatives house.
It is a Silstar EX40 MI Comtana EX. Nothing on the internet that I could find. Anyone have any info on it?
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

conchydong

I've deep dropped for at least thirty years and have used Electramates, Lindgren Pitmanns, Daiwas, Banax, Krystals and Myah Epochs(sp) but have never even heard of a Silstar. I imagine it is similar to the other Japanese or Korean reels but getting parts may be a challenge. It may be a great reel. I would hook it up to power and check it out and go from there.

boon

It's an electric linecounter, powered by a coin-cell battery under that cover on the sideplate. Not a powered reel.

Silstar is more or less a rebrander of "shelf reels". Been around quite a long time though.

Wompus Cat

http://www.silstar.eu/main/about-us/

According to this they WERE an European Company .
THere are some Electric Reels for sale on an Ausie site upwards of 600 smackers.

I have a bunch I got in a sale and some are pretty nicely made .
Don't have and electric ones but a Lot of Spinning Reels , and pushbutton reels .
Last update on the site was 2019 .
Some of the Reels I have were made in Korea,Hong Kong and elsewhere .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Lunker Larry

Thanks. I'll pass that on to him.
Larry
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?