The Liver Eaters Gathered Last Night at Dominick's July 7, 2021

Started by El Pescador, July 08, 2021, 11:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

Nothing like the smell of fried liver & onions. Great photos Wayne. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mizmo67

Sitting here shaking my head.
I have never understood why anyone would like liver. Taste/smell/texture I just cannot handle.
Mom made it every week.

I learned how to drink black coffee because we made a deal that I could have it with the liver.
Was the only way that I could swallow it.

Neat to see how many people actually like the stuff.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Maxed Out

Given the choice, I'd opt out of eating liver....but I can say that I bagged an elk 30 years ago, and my mother in law cooked some elk liver for dinner and it was really good !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

philaroman

never enjoyed tripe texture, no matter how good the sauce
otherwise, I've had literally EVERY organ meat prepared in a tasty manner:
lungs and udders and brains, oh my

David Hall

Family deer camp, our annual hunt in the high sierras growing up grandparents and dad and brothers.  We would have 6-8 tags and in the early days there might be 6-8 deer hanging within a few days.  Grandma always made Liver and onions in camp and it was to die for.  I still cook it up now and again but it's only me and my son that eat it.  I can understand not wanting to eat store bought liver, but fresh venison liver is so much better there is no comparison.
Well done Dominick.

Maxed Out

Yep, liver and heart are always welcome in a hunting camp. Elk heart is my favorite, liver is farther down the list.
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

For all you liver lovers and liver haters.  This the way we ate liver as kids.  I haven't tried to find the caul since I've been in California.  Dominick

https://geniuscook.com/the-pork-liver-fried-in-the-caul-fat-recipe/
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

philaroman

oc1

... or save the parsons nose off of a few dozen chickens and render it down.

The smell of cooking liver makes me gag.

theswimmer

Oh sure , you guys wait until I'm safely cribbed up at Lake Almanor and then you serve up the delicacies.....
I'm home now , what's next ?
Best,
JT
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Donnyboat

Yes Ted you beet me to it , the best ingredient in Doms dish was missing, the heart, we were taught never to waste food, we had liver & heart at least once a fortnight, great pics Wayne, made my mouth water, My mother also cooked soup with chooks liver & giblets, I loved it. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Hardy Boy

I like liver and onions, fried crispy and with crispy bacon and .................... bar b q sauce. This thread reminded me I have not had it in a long time. Maybe because no one else in the house or company would eat it. :-[

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Rocket Dog

I actually love the smell of some fired up liver and opinions, but that's as far as I can go. Mom would cook up liver ala chili colorado (red chili salsa) rice, beans tortillas it was a feast for the eyes... biting into it always left us kids asking if something was wrong with the carne asada...
She was a genius and never broke character, as we slowly ate those days.

Dom's looks equally amazing.   

Brewcrafter

Donny - I likes me my liver and giblets cooked up, but you threw me - what's a "chook"?  Does it have fur or feathers?  Then again down where you live it might even be reptilian in nature? - john

Donnyboat

Ha Haa, John Toby, chook, poultry, you know the feathered one, My brother also had racing pigions, we had a cull every 6 months, we used there giblets, liver & heart, in the pearl barley soup, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat