“The Wells”

Started by ClintB, August 07, 2021, 02:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClintB

That's a good idea, I just didn't know if it would be ethical to put it up for offers with no real plan on selling it.

oc1

Just be up front about it.  Tell the Orcans you're trying to find a price and will entertain offers.  Their ruminations about it will be educational if nothing else.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: ClintB on August 10, 2021, 03:12:11 AM
That's a good idea, I just didn't know if it would be ethical to put it up for offers with no real plan on selling it.

Reality is it is Worth what you paid divided by the number of other stuff you got with it .
Now what it might SELL FOR would be determined in an Auction . Or check e-bay for recent sales is what a lot of people will say ...lol
To get an offer does not get an actual settlement in terms of value until it is accepted.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

ClintB

Quote from: Wompus Cat on August 10, 2021, 02:46:12 PM
Quote from: ClintB on August 10, 2021, 03:12:11 AM

Reality is it is Worth what you paid divided by the number of other stuff you got with it .
Now what it might SELL FOR would be determined in an Auction . Or check e-bay for recent sales is what a lot of people will say ...lol
To get an offer does not get an actual settlement in terms of value until it is accepted.

$13.63

None have sold on eBay that show up. I checked on Worthpoint and see what I think is the one that was on Spinoza, it sold for 2,025. I checked on Lang's, amazingly, they show sold prices from previous auctions but there was no Wells sold then.

Wompus Cat

Like I said in my first post . Ya got a hunk of gold out of a bag of cowchips !!!!
If you get hard up I can double your money for you and pay shipping .........just sayin  ::)

I was joking about checking e-bay but that's what a lot of other Forums will tell ya ....lol
That kinda stuff don't Happen Here.

ClintB

If I decide to make a quick 20, you'll be the first on my list! ;)

Here is the whole bag of "cow chips".

Wompus Cat

I will start putting some money aside for this just in case ........
I think I sees a DAM and an old Humprhey's reel in that Bag 'O' Chips .  :o

Midway Tommy

The reel  ;D story here is, how, and where, in the world did you come up with that box of goodies? Also, you said something earlier about insuring some of them. Fishing tackle is tough to insure without an appraisal.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

ClintB

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 10, 2021, 06:05:09 PM
The reel  ;D story here is, how, and where, in the world did you come up with that box of goodies? 

I had just purchased a vintage Fenwick on eBay, I was curious about its history so I was in communication with the seller about it.  He told me he inherited it from his friends widow along with some other things. He already sold most of what he was familiar with but still had this box of old gear. And you know the rest of the story.

cdaline

Team Tani...not trying to be a smart Alec .... does rare mean valuable ? I have no idea
what price range these should garner ?

Chas

ClintB

I was told that the Wells is not common but not rare, it's scarce.  ???

Supply and demand..... 

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 10, 2021, 06:05:09 PM
The reel  ;D story here is, how, and where, in the world did you come up with that box of goodies? Also, you said something earlier about insuring some of them. Fishing tackle is tough to insure without an appraisal.

This company is listed on orca and it looked pretty easy and no appraisals up to a certain amount was required .
https://orcaonline.org/services/insurance/