It's not my fault, right?

Started by Steve V., April 19, 2024, 03:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve V.

I was looking at FB Marketplace a week or so ago and I saw a DQ Finessa with a Taiwan made Mitchell 300 for sale for $20.00. I thought to myself let someone else have them, I just acquired a Finessa and I like the older French made Mitchell reels. So I passed. I was looking at Marketplace day before yesterday and low and behold the ad was still up. Surely the seller forgot to take it down. I decided to see so I sent a message. The seller contacted me and told me they were still for sale. I made arrangements to go get them. The Finessa is a little rougher than I like my reels to be but for the price, what the heck. I now have two Finessas and a slew of Mitchell 300s. It's not my fault, right? I gave the other folks in my area plenty of time to snap them up. ;D

akroper

You, sir, are correct.  It is not your fault that everyone else in your neighborhood exhibits a greater level of self control than you do.
I often find myself in a similar situation.  No more my fault than it is yours.  ;D
Nine of the eleven voices in my head are telling me to go fishing today.

Reeltyme

Steve. We should not be looking to place blame here. On the other side of the coin what you did was to help a fellow American relieve himself from a small amount of "clutter", thus at the same time preventing some misguided wife from throwing these treasures in a landfill and polluting our planet! You sir, should be honored! :al

oldmanjoe

::)  Well the only way to clear your conscious , is keep the Dam and give away the Mitchell to some young`in .   Make your soul hole again !!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Steve V.

Quote from: oldmanjoe on April 19, 2024, 04:37:54 PM::)  Well the only way to clear your conscious , is keep the Dam and give away the Mitchell to some young`in .   Make your soul hole again !!

I'll either do that or keep it for a loaner. It will get serviced first.

JasonGotaProblem

"that's a good price but I don't need another one" is a thing I've said about a bunch of my reels a few days before I own them.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

oldmanjoe

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on April 19, 2024, 05:31:06 PM"that's a good price but I don't need another one" is a thing I've said about a bunch of my reels a few days before I own them.
And before you realize it , You can give a gross of Octopuses a reel for each tentacles and still have a few left over .    :-X
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

As my Grandma Lena used to say —-

You can't pay too little for a rough one —- or too much for a sharp one...

As my Grandmother used to say!

If you need a few parts, just let me know —- for either the Finessa or the 308.

I wouldn't loan anyone a reel unless it was 100%.

Folks ask me about reels that I am making for them —- I tell them "I'm not making it for you —- I am making it for me."

If it is not good enough for me to fish —- it is not good enough for anyone else.

Corny...but true.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

MarkT

If ya gotta ask if it's your fault... it's your fault!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Steve V.