“00” - “01” - “02” Series of Quick Reels

Started by foakes, August 18, 2021, 04:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midway Tommy

I don't really see that much of an an issue. Every eBay search I do also brings up some garbage I have to sort through to find what I'm looking for. It's just part of their game.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Lorcan

Re searching for Dam Quicks, I found slightly by accident when buying something else from Germany that lots of Germans on the giant auction site don't like posting outside Germany. Sellers in the UK are the same. If you make a shipping address in Germany just to pretend you're there at times many more will pop up, sometimes much much cheaper than from Malaysia or wherever else. Still only a fraction of what's on offer in the US but you may find models which are relatively rare. The trick will then be pinning down a German to ship to😬

Barishi

Wish I had every reel in between these two...

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

quang tran

All 01 and 00 series can manual close the bail but 1000 and 1001 you have to turn the crank to close it .I let my friend use my 1001 and he try to close the bail by hand cause it broke .It took me several years to find part to repair it

Gfish

Opinions: skirted spool or old-school rotors on DAM Quicks?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

quang tran

Quote from: Gfish on April 19, 2024, 01:30:37 AMOpinions: skirted spool or old-school rotors on DAM Quicks?
Series 1000-5000 and 1001-5001 all skirted spoon but 1000 and 1001 can not close bail manual

foakes

Quote from: quang tran on April 18, 2024, 05:48:19 PMAll 01 and 00 series can manual close the bail but 1000 and 1001 you have to turn the crank to close it .I let my friend use my 1001 and he try to close the bail by hand cause it broke .It took me several years to find part to repair it

There is a "V" shaped "Nail Nick" on the stop lever.

Just use you finger nail —- and the bail closes very easily on the DQ 1000/1001 —- without cranking the reel.

That is why the "V Nick" is there —- instead of being just a straight piece of metal.

This is one of the features that is useful to use when stealth fishing.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

BocaSnook1

Fred,

Thanks - I did not know that about the bails for the DQ 1000/1001.

Just acquired a Quick 1202 and 2002 in the last six weeks. Next is the 1000 and 1001.

Have a great weekend!

Tad

foakes

Couple more things of possible interest to some —-

In addition to the "nail Nick" allowing manual closing of the SS bail wire assembly —- this feature also allows the bail to be folded flat against the opposite crank side for transport or storage.

This will do two things —-

Help to reduce a common cause of spinning reel issues —- a bent bail wire.

Plus, this feature also takes all of the tension off the bail spring —- thus increasing its effectiveness, crispness, and life —- indefinitely.

And, the coil bail spring on a 1000/1001 —- is the exact same bail spring as on a Microlite 110 or 265.

You are doing some great work, Quang!

Best, Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.