Penn 113HN Baja Special/ US 113 Senator Side Plates Kits

Started by Cortez_Conversions, September 10, 2021, 12:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

Am I too late Tom?  I've been busy on the new place.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Cortez_Conversions

Hello All,
I just mailed the two clicker screws and a shim to those who didn't get them. give it a few days, USPS is running slow......
Thanks!
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

El Pescador

Tom,

Your Baja Special/US113 Senator side plates just arrived, and MAN O'MAN!!!   Are they BEAUTIFUL!!!!  Check them out.

Tom, Your BRAND NEW Side plates are PERFECT, close as I can tell.

I asked my wife, Jennifer, to take a look, and she can be REEL Picky at times, after all she PICKED ME!!!   Leave it ALONE Boyz!!!! ;D

The extra needed parts are PERFECT!!!

THE ONLY THING I could see, after taking off my glasses, turning on the overhead light, and REELY peering at the sides plates is this...

Some leftover mill marks, butt they are difficult to see and harder to photograph.  And I'm using an iPhone!!!

Tom, you have some serious fishing parts here.  

BTW, I was at the ISE in Sacramento yesterday with a lifelong buddy, Jerry, and the lady at the booth for Martin Verdugo's Sportfishing Resort in Los Barilles, Baja, Mexico, says HOLA!!!!

I believe her name is Marisol!!!  She says hello.

Can't wait to get these plates on my Baja Special and soak them on my next trip to the Sea of Cortez.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: El Pescador on January 23, 2022, 09:08:31 PM
Tom,

Your Baja Special/US113 Senator side plates just arrived, and MAN O'MAN!!!   Are they BEAUTIFUL!!!!  Check them out.

Tom, Your BRAND NEW Side plates are PERFECT, close as I can tell.

I asked my wife, Jennifer, to take a look, and she can be REEL Picky at times, after all she PICKED ME!!!   Leave it ALONE Boyz!!!! ;D

The extra needed parts are PERFECT!!!

THE ONLY THING I could see, after taking off my glasses, turning on the overhead light, and REELY peering at the sides plates is this...

Some leftover mill marks, butt they are difficult to see and harder to photograph.  And I'm using an iPhone!!!

Tom, you have some serious fishing parts here.  

BTW, I was at the ISE in Sacramento yesterday with a lifelong buddy, Jerry, and the lady at the booth for Martin Verdugo's Sportfishing Resort in Los Barilles, Baja, Mexico, says HOLA!!!!

I believe her name is Marisol!!!  She says hello.

Can't wait to get these plates on my Baja Special and soak them on my next trip to the Sea of Cortez.

Wayne

I'm glad you like the plates Wayne!

The ridges you see are intentional. Since I can't relaibly remove the machining marks, I glorified them. Machining a pattern onto those surfaces hides the real tooling marks and give the part a textured look. The added cost is almost a wash. The extra time(cost) on the machines is offset by not throwing big bucks at polishing houses that return a 10-20% scrap rate.This new process gives me 100% control of the finishing. I have partnered with a new Anodizer who practices what they preach when it comes to quality and to date they have returned a quality finish with their anodizing.

Yes, Marisol runs the Verdugo family resort in Los Barriles. We usually meet up at the Fred Hall Long Beach show.They are a wonderful family and I can't wait to get back down there! How did my name come up?

Tom
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

wascallywabit

Tom, I received the Baja plates today. I must say that as impressed as I am with the workmanship (as usual), I am equally impressed with the fact that I ordered on Thursday afternoon and received the order in NJ on Monday from Ca. Phenomenal service.

Thanks, Ed

day0ne

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on January 22, 2022, 07:15:04 PM
Hello All,
I just mailed the two clicker screws and a shim to those who didn't get them. give it a few days, USPS is running slow......
Thanks!
Tom

I didn't get them either
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

thorhammer

Love the boutique milling on the wheelhouse. VERY cool.

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: day0ne on January 24, 2022, 09:08:30 PM
Hello All,
Thanks!
Tom

I didn't get them either

Yep. Yours are on the way David!

day0ne

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on January 24, 2022, 09:12:38 PM
Quote from: day0ne on January 24, 2022, 09:08:30 PM
Hello All,
Thanks!
Tom

I didn't get them either

Yep. Yours are on the way David!

Thank you
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

El Pescador

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on January 24, 2022, 05:56:42 PM

I'm glad you like the plates Wayne!

The ridges you see are intentional. Since I can't relaibly remove the machining marks, I glorified them. Machining a pattern onto those surfaces hides the real tooling marks and give the part a textured look. The added cost is almost a wash. The extra time(cost) on the machines is offset by not throwing big bucks at polishing houses that return a 10-20% scrap rate.This new process gives me 100% control of the finishing. I have partnered with a new Anodizer who practices what they preach when it comes to quality and to date they have returned a quality finish with their anodizing.

Yes, Marisol runs the Verdugo family resort in Los Barriles. We usually meet up at the Fred Hall Long Beach show.They are a wonderful family and I can't wait to get back down there!

How did my name come up?

Tom

Tom,

I asked for you by NAME!!!!    I know you enjoy staying at the Verdugo Family Resort when you are in the area.  Jerry and I ate at both Smokey's Grill & Cantina and Beans & Rice Tako Bar at the end of the street while in Los Barriles, and with our recent trip to San Evaristo, Marisol had many questions for us, we have visited a part of her world of where she lives and she has not been there.   A very nice lady to say the least.

Again, KILLER Milling job on the Baja Special/US 113 Senator reels.  

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

RowdyW

Postman came at 7pm today. I just finished disassembly & assembly about 1 hour ago of my now all silver US 113N with modified bridge from Tom. It just needs a gold eccentric lever. I've got the gold knob but just waiting for Alan C. to start production on aluminum offset arms. What beautiful parts with perfect fit from Cortez Conversions.       Rudy

BL90292

Tom,

I am also very interested in purchasing a set of these side plates.  Sent you an email about 3 days ago.
Could you please check?  I can also resend the email with my information.

Benjamin

Wompus Cat

Got my Donor Reel to  start my Build

The Frame is beat up pretty bad but I can fix er up I think

Taking the Silver plates Tom says  are DEFECTS ...lol and spiffing them up a Bit with some Candy Apple Anodizing  Coating .

More  L8tr
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

BL90292

Tom,

Thank you so much for creating the custom plates and for helping me with my ordering.
I finally completed the upgrade last night.  The most tricky part for me is to reinstall the jack.
I should have taken more pictures before disassembly.

The workmanship and details of the plates are amazing.
Between the double-dogs bridge and side plates, the humble 113N looks every bit as good as the TRQ
and I'd better it is as capable as well.

All I need now are some big groupers or sea-donkeys to do battle with !!!!

Maxed Out

Wow !! Love it !!

Thanks for sharing
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!