2023 CT December Stripers

Started by pjstevko, December 05, 2023, 11:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

I'm home in Connecticut visiting my mom for her birthday. I usually do house work and repairs for her and then go fishing in the afternoon. I like to fish the outgoing tide but it's not lining up with my free time so I'm trying to learn my spots on a  incoming tide. It's gonna take some time to figure it out but I'm off to a decent start. I've been here less than 24 hours and already caught a beautiful 24" striper at one of my usual spots.

Swami805

Good to see someone fishing!  Thanks for posting
Do what you can with that you have where you are

CooldadE

Very nice Fish ! The water looks very clear and clean. I wish my Delta was that clean...

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

steelfish

Quote from: Swami805 on December 06, 2023, 01:56:23 AMGood to see someone fishing!  Thanks for posting

LOL true on that.

nice fish PJ
The Baja Guy

pjstevko

Got 2 more today in between snow flurries.....

pjstevko

Caught 3 yesterday with the biggest going 28"-30" and about 10 lbs...

Brewcrafter

jurelometer

Soft plastics! Stripers sure seem to like em.

-J

Hardy Boy

Looks like lots of fun. Nice work

Todd
Todd

kjdunne

Nice fishes!
The 28-30" you mention would be great for the table... and legal, within the 28-31" slot limit we now have here on the east coast.  I released a hefty 33" last Friday while surf fishing LBI New Jersey.  :(

Kal

pjstevko

Quote from: kjdunne on December 11, 2023, 02:25:10 PMNice fishes!
The 28-30" you mention would be great for the table... and legal, within the 28-31" slot limit we now have here on the east coast.  I released a hefty 33" last Friday while surf fishing LBI New Jersey.  :(

Kal
Yeah it put up a good fight on the light tackle I was using.  I always release fish as I can't be bothered to clean them.
This has been my least productive trip in about 4 years.  The fish are not in the usual spots I find them.  My guess is they move further up river but I don't where to access the river upstream...

Pj

pjstevko

I had my best fishing outing late this afternoon.  I caught 5 this afternoon,  two 27", 23", 21" and a 16"

Brewcrafter

That looks like some good action and decent conditions as well! - john

pjstevko

Caught 4 more today bringing my trip total to 15 over the last 9 days.  It's not too bad considering I had 4 days were I didn't catch anything at all.