No freespool 25nld2

Started by Rickman, September 27, 2021, 04:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickman

Hello again. My fathom 25nld2 won't freespool. For a while if I cranked the handle while holding the spool it would go free. Now it won't unless it's unexpected....good backlash this morning. I kayak fish a lot. Had the reel about three years. I was always a Newell guy. First time I took this apart I was overwhelmed and sent it to a reel repair place. They gave up and sent it to Penn. I sent it into Penn for service last year and it always comes back good as new. Actually better since they took pity on my boat rashed frame and replaced it! I leave it with the drag on to rinse it off....religiously...then let it dry and put it in freespool. Any thoughts? I know the drag must be crudded up but too many pieces to get at it for me!
I'm in Mexico. To send it to Penn I have to find someone going North and have them send it. Then I have to find someone coming down to have Penn send it to when done. Not easy or quick usually. Maybe I'll just have to buy another to cycle through.
I love the 2 speed reel. If you fish off a kayak and pull on a fish that's deep the kayak goes down as you pull up. 2 speed you just crank and make up line.