Started by nelz, September 27, 2021, 09:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

NICE !! Great looking fish.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

xjchad

Always wanted to catch some peacock bass!  Looks like a ton of fun with those brutes!
Husband, Father, Fisherman

pjstevko

Nice job on the peas! What lure did you use?

nelz

Thanks guys. PJ, I used a spoon, which normally is not supposed to be worked so fast, but that's what they hit.

jurelometer

Nice!

Both peacocks and snakehead are on my species wish list.

-J

nelz

Btw, I've rigged the spoon like this, replaced the nasty treble with a single hook that I filed off the barb from. It makes the catch/release as humane as possible; they get lip-hooked and it slips right out.

handi2

I wonder if they will live in my freshwater pond? I would have to feed them
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

handi2

My cousin still in Miami has them in here pond
Gulf Breeze, FL

Gfish

Cooooolllll! Sounds like a blast. We have Peacock's here, but they's all locked-up in private waters for the tour-i. We have Snakeheads of the H. Saipans variety, but they specialize in providing restaurant and construction labor.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

nelz

Quote from: handi2 on December 30, 2022, 10:37:37 PMI wonder if they will live in my freshwater pond? I would have to feed them

They say they are only surviving North to Palm Beach county. Gets too cold where you are.

nelz

Quote from: Gfish on December 30, 2022, 11:03:31 PMWe have Peacock's here, but they's all locked-up in private waters for the tour-i.

The piers and beaches are swamped with tourists right now.  >:(  This residential area lake allows me to get my fishing fix away from the crowds. (Too bad I won't eat fish from these waters though.)

handi2

Quote from: Hardy Boy on December 30, 2022, 07:14:23 PMNICE !! Great looking fish.

Cheers:

Todd

Todd I have a bunch of Daiwa Saltist parts
Gulf Breeze, FL