Ambassadeur 6000C, never seen this before.

Started by Drisse, June 27, 2021, 04:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincanary

Quote from: Drisse on October 11, 2021, 02:02:29 PM
I continue with a question in this thread. I got a similar Ambassadeur 6000C with the "3-piece anti reverse dog". The pin that holds the antireverse dog was completly loose and the hole was to big to fit a new pin. So I bought a kit from Abu with a new brakeplate, drivegear, piniongear and standard antireversedog. Everything fits and the reel runs well. But when I tighten the screw on top of the driveshaft the reel is binding ? If I just back the screw a couple of turns the reel works, but the driveshaft feels loose like when a Ambassadeur is missing the c-clip on top of the driveshaft. Any ideas ?

2 questions.  Did you install a Carbontex drag washer kit on this one?  I've found on many of the kits, the washer under the ratchet gear is too large and interferes with the AR dog.  It can be trimmed back a little to clear the dog, otherwise you can reuse the original washer if you still have it.  IAR reels do not have this issue and can comfortably use the larger washer.  Lastly, did you install the spring washer that goes on the very bottom of the drive shaft?

Drisse

tincanary I used the original dragwashers. Just moved them over. Yes, I installed the little springwasher at the bottom of the driveshaft.

Drisse

Solved it by giving the top of the drivebushing a round with the file.