Pre-Spring Cleaning and Organizing

Started by foakes, February 20, 2023, 09:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Of the (4) main types of top quality vintage Spinning Reel brands that I specialize in repairing, servicing, and restoring —-

D-A-M Quick, Penn, ABU/Zebco Cardinals, and Mitchell.

The DQ, Penn, and Cardinal parts are all organized into part numbered bins & envelopes for easier locating and access.

The last to be organized is the Mitchell stuff.

Started on that early this morning.

There are 29 large crates of Mitchell parts, 31 large drawers of numbered parts, 8 organizer boxes, about 500 complete Mitchell reels, about 700 loose spools, dealer repair kits, etc..  and still likely a few more large boxes of Mitchell parts and reels out in the Storage Container that I haven't gotten into yet.

Be glad to get this completed.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

It'll feel so good when you get it done.

Frank

oldmanjoe

:)  So this is the Pre spring  cleaning  , Can`t wait to see what the spring cleaning looks like !!

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

DougK

that's a fine great heap of parts.. wow.
I'm currently thinking about tracking down one of the blue 408s to go with my 1970s 308.. good to know I can source all the parts possible from your stash ;-)

foakes

Got side-tracked with serious weather challenges over the last couple of months —-

So the great intention of getting rid of all of the boxed reels got put on hold —-

Back to it over the next few days —- as we are not allowed on the roads due to emergency flood conditions.

I have a large bathroom next to my upstairs inside reel shop.

So I moved the first load into there —- so I would have more room inside the shop to continue working on reels —- without stuff I am getting rid of getting in the way.

Found another 95 year old Hunting License that I added to the pile.  Neat to think about where that remarkably well preserved piece of paper traveled during 1928.  Old cars, old firearms, leather and canvas deer camps, fire pits, old memories.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Fishgolfman

Unbelievable stock of parts and boxed reels. I think those reels have my name on them in future!!!