Haven’t been able to send pictures 😿

Started by gstours, December 12, 2021, 02:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Also wondering why an author cannot delete their own post if desired?    Just wondering?

Gobi King

Gary, I will correct the pic stuff tonite, I will put in a temp fix till I upgrade the forum over Christmas break.

hmm, I don't think we had that feature in the version we are on.

I think we will have that feature in the new version.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

jurelometer

Quote from: gstours on December 12, 2021, 02:30:23 AM
file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/53/03/6FC40E96-8900-41B1-AFCC-C325DB9E912A/IMG_6384.jpeg
Just a test.  Not fishing today.  Just saying.⛄️

If the link starts with "file", you are referencing to an image stored on your device.  Since the rest of us are not using your device, we cannot see the image.

Quote from: gstours on December 13, 2021, 02:35:43 PM
Also wondering why an author cannot delete their own post if desired?    Just wondering?

If you are logged on, and got to the thread with your now unloved post, you should  see a "remove" button in the upper right hand corner of the post. 

If other members have included quotes to your post, the quoted text will remain in their post.

Don't know if you can remove your  very first post that started  a thread if others have replied.  I see that the remove button is still available, but  I have  never tried using it.

-J

gstours

Thanks for sharing your info,  all,  tried again to remove the origional post.    This is my choice.    No Deleetee. >:(
    This not only adds stuff that only sits here forever,   its possibly the non inherited right of the author to delete / recede ?
        Just wondering again.

An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot delete your own topics in this board.     
   Thanks.

jurelometer

Quote from: gstours on December 16, 2021, 01:02:47 AM
Thanks for sharing your info,  all,  tried again to remove the origional post.    This is my choice.    No Deleetee. >:(
    This not only adds stuff that only sits here forever,   its possibly the non inherited right of the author to delete / recede ?
        Just wondering again.

An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot delete your own topics in this board.     
   Thanks.

Nope you are right.  You can remove  your own post only if it is not the one that starts a thread.   I just  made a fresh new  thread and tried to delete it.  Same error that you got.   I could see how once other folks replied  on my thread, it would not be fair to delete their posts by deleting my thread -that would sort of turn me into  a moderator.    But a freshy with no replies should be deletable.  

OTOH, you can change/delete all the contents  and change the title.  Nearly the same as deleting.  Easy enough to PM a moderator  if there is something that you posted that other folks have quoted that you desire  to go away.  The mods here are friendly, and you even have some inside connections :)

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=34324.msg405097#msg405097