bad news about dad......

Started by alantani, November 05, 2021, 03:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelhead_killer

Sorry for your family's loss Alan.
><)))">

Rancanfish

Just checking in and read this. So sorry brother. My condolences.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

jason_purdy

So sorry to hear about your family's loss, Alan. Glad you got to make one, last, good memory before your dad's passing. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

-Jason

alantani

We had the meeting with the funeral home.  Looks like the Saturday November 13th, 2pm for dad's service at lisle funeral home in Fresno.  Not much time. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

sandbar

I am very sorry for your loss Alan.

BocaSnook1

Our condolences to you and your family Alan.

Tad & Sharon

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

q3fishboy

AC49

mizmo67

Hi Alan,

I know I already gave our condolences over on Facebook, but adding them here as well.
I know how hard it is at any age to lose a beloved parent.

Our thoughts are with you and we are only a phone call away if you need us.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Breadfan

I'm very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, Alan.

Dominick

Ben (Alan's friend) and I went to the memorial service for Yukio Tani.  The only other AT members that I recognized was Bryan Young and his family.  Everyone was masked so there may have been more members there.  The USAF honor guard were there for the folding flag ceremony and taps.  After a video of photographs of his life some family members, including a grandson, Alan and Ed told stories which gave a little insight as to what Alan's dad was like.  It was a fitting tribute to a fine man.  May he rest in peace.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Joao Tavares

My sincere condolences Alan. At least he passed away in peace.

My solidarity goes to all your family.

JT

alantani

thank you very much for all of the kind words and support.  dad had two years after those two heart attacks to prepare, and he did a very thorough job.  he had everything planned out, right down to the shape and color of the urn for his ashes.  the only difference was to change the location to the funeral home rather than the church, because the church was limited to 100 people and the funeral home was not.  he even had long term hospice care insurance which paid for in-home care for 2 and a half years. 

after the funeral, we had a small dinner at a local restaurant, then a bonfire, drinks and a poker game at the farm.  i think dad would have been pleased. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alan Matsuno

Read the Obituary in NWest.

Namu Amida Butsu