An explanation is needed.

Started by gstours, November 23, 2021, 08:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

I,m not only trying to use the gallery more but learn how a cordless toothbrush charges with out any noticeable electrical conductors.
https://alantani.com/gallery/35/9914_23_11_21_8_17_43.jpeg
Seems safe enough.
The charger power source below.
https://alantani.com/gallery/35/9914_23_11_21_8_19_17.jpeg
Inside the brushbase is no apparent conductors,   So how does the charger supply additional voltage to the battery in the brush? ???
https://alantani.com/gallery/35/9914_23_11_21_8_20_49.jpeg.
   Comments are welcome of course. :)

Wompus Cat

Magnetic pulse array.
or Magic Beans in the Drawer.OR could be your Magnetic Personality just conducts eddy currents through osmosis and general good will.
Dats all I got

Real answer is
This sort of charging is called induction. An electrical current produces a magnetic field. You can tell there is a magnetic field near the wire because it moves a compass needle.

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

oldmanjoe

This topic can charge up the brain ........... 
    In a few years nobody is going to remember what a extension cord was used for .       

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
" Life " It`s a thinking man`s game
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

boon

If you pass a current through a coil, then put another coil inside or on top of that coil, you will "induce" a current in that coil.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: oldmanjoe on November 23, 2021, 11:03:59 PM

This topic can charge up the brain ........... 
    In a few years nobody is going to remember what a extension cord was used for .       

When people read this in the future they will be SHOCKED by the ELECTRIFYING MAGNETISM of these posts. ::)

oldmanjoe

:(    A hundred and twenty five  years ago , people thought Nicky was nuts .   
    Something bigger than the tooth brush  ..   https://witricity.com/

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
" Life " It`s a thinking man`s game
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Wompus Cat

Like to have one of those to ZAPPPP the Darn SKEETERS here.

JasonGotaProblem

Science in action. If a loop of wire exists in a space with a changing magnetic current, a current will be induced in that wire in a predictable way. This is loosely related to how transformers work (no, not Optimus prime the other kind. No, not the decepticons either). This can be done by moving that wire through a static but non-uniform field or by changing the field around the wire. Same way an induction cooktop works, but a bit more precise.

I have my reservations on the long term wisdom of intentionally increasing the minimum amount of manmade EMR in the spaces I occupy, but thats based on personal reluctance and lack of understanding of the long term effects, not any concrete data. So I will continue to use wired chargers (and in general limit my usage of electronic devices to the greatest extent possible) but lacking concrete data I don't go about baselessly advocating for others to do the same.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on November 24, 2021, 02:01:38 PM
Science in action. If a loop of wire exists in a space with a changing magnetic current, a current will be induced in that wire in a predictable way. This is loosely related to how transformers work (no, not Optimus prime the other kind. No, not the decepticons either). This can be done by moving that wire through a static but non-uniform field or by changing the field around the wire. Same way an induction cooktop works, but a bit more precise.

I have my reservations on the long term wisdom of intentionally increasing the minimum amount of manmade EMR in the spaces I occupy, but thats based on personal reluctance and lack of understanding of the long term effects, not any concrete data. So I will continue to use wired chargers (and in general limit my usage of electronic devices to the greatest extent possible) but lacking concrete data I don't go about baselessly advocating for others to do the same.

This is a great concept however as we keep storing the energy from the Sun via absorbtion techniques so popular today and not allowing the circle of return energy back to its source to perpetuate the cycle of millions of years the pilot light will soon go out and we all will be in the cold darkness no matter what our carbon foot print is .
Maybe not .....but Still

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Wompus Cat on November 24, 2021, 03:40:05 PM
Quote from: JasonGotaPenn on November 24, 2021, 02:01:38 PM

This is a great concept however as we keep storing the energy from the Sun via absorbtion techniques so popular today and not allowing the circle of return energy back to its source to perpetuate the cycle of millions of years the pilot light will soon go out and we all will be in the cold darkness no matter what our carbon foot print is .
Maybe not .....but Still
I'm gonna assume you're asking a genuine question and will answer accordingly.
How do we return power to the source if the source is the sun? Energy doesn't go back to the sun. It just radiates out into space, that our planet and by extension your solar panel happens to be in the way has no effect on that, the sun will just keep doing sunny stuff. The pilot light will go out regardless, when the sun runs out of hydrogen. But that's billions of years from now, and the steps prior to that will have rendered earth lifeless, if we don't beat it to the punch with our own activities

Wompus Cat

If it didn't go back and was radiated back in space then how does it get here in the first place . ?

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Wompus Cat on November 24, 2021, 05:48:13 PM
If it didn't go back and was radiated back in space then how does it get here in the first place . ?
Ok let's party. Energy goes outward from the sun, where it is generated by the fusion of hydrogen into helium. Some of what hits us bounces off, but in all directions not just directly back (which is why you can see mars anything). But a considerable portion of what hits us sticks around, powering life as we know it. This is all explained in greater detail with excellent illustrations and examples elsewhere. This is the 30 second version. I dont wanna hijack the thread. But I will send links if needed.

Wompus Cat

I will agree in part however the BIG PICTURE is much different than what most of is taught but not challenged in that our menial brains can not fathom a different outcome due to our firm beliefs in physics as they are today .
Thanks for the offer to links but I have quite the sources for postulation and Quantum Theoretic s  and to put and end to the Hi jack I will consider anything else here in regard to our posts as MOOT and will not reply but feel free to pm me for discussion .

Cor

Not only toothbrushes, but modern mobile phones also charge that way.
I don't understand too much about electricity.
Cornelis