The List - SOA 3-day, July 1-4 - Alan Tani chartermaster

Started by alantani, November 11, 2021, 12:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Alan going forward, include SOA's contact info in the email you send out with everyone's contact numbers!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Bill B

I emailed a photo of my passport to the SOA at the below address for the June trip.

booking@soasportfishing.com
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

Quote from: MarkT on June 29, 2022, 02:38:32 AMAlan going forward, include SOA's contact info in the email you send out with everyone's contact numbers!

yeah, forgot.  i added it to a follow up email.  too much stuff going on.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Spirit of Adventure report from 10:30 this morning.  You might want to add a few outfits to your arsenal.  Hope that you knock 'em dead!

Porthos

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on June 29, 2022, 06:07:04 PMSpirit of Adventure report from 10:30 this morning.  You might want to add a few outfits to your arsenal.  Hope that you knock 'em dead!

Good thing I was already bringing 15 rigs... 8)

pjstevko

Nice! Hope that trend continues.....better pack the 15-20# flouro and tiny hooks!

pjstevko

Any idea where they're fishing? I can't seems to find them on Marinetraffic?????

Maxed Out

Quote from: pjstevko on June 29, 2022, 07:01:53 PMAny idea where they're fishing? I can't seems to find them on Marinetraffic?????

Hopefully it's Ensenada !!5543.jpeg
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

MarkT

A lot of fish out Ensenada are from Pangas trolling Madmacs 150yds out.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

CI_Seawolf

For the trollers:  The SOA has rod holders in the rail which is solid.  Trouble is that some lures will not get below the surface.  Lugs are suggested for trolling reels, we were able to loop a rod strap through the middle 3 holes on the rail to let the rod hang over the stern which kept the lure down. 
Stay Classy!

CI_Seawolf

Might also think about an AFTCO flat line release clip....
Stay Classy!

Rocket Dog

If we are going down to Ensenada, there is always colonet and plenty of white fish. :cf

I just spent a small fortune in terminal tackel... so my small shoe box will be Shaq size.

pjstevko

Quote from: Rocket Dog on June 30, 2022, 01:28:20 AMIf we are going down to Ensenada, there is always colonet and plenty of white fish. :cf

I just spent a small fortune in terminal tackel... so my small shoe box will be Shaq size.

Me too except mine will be a box for each shoe!

Rocket Dog

PJ, Yup with the new 16oz weights I'm rethinking what heavy jigs to bring. Also, I was able to find one 200mm in pink. Any thoughts about the trolling?

Maxed Out

I see new posting on SOA Facebook. They're into yellowtail, a few yellowfin, and maybe even bonito. That is a report from 10:30 this morning. I see nothing but bent rods in the background
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!