Which Penn model hits your weak spot?

Started by Shellbelly, November 11, 2021, 05:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishead

The Bluish color 722. Was my favorite pier reel. Still have it with a manual roller on it. The green 714 is a close second.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

jgp12000

I just got a 722 with the 2 fish symbols on it I am looking for a 714.I also just acquired a 712z.My favorite though is my 716 greenie.

Crab Pot

Jigmaster

Senators 1/0-6/0

Surfmaster 

And all the others  ;D
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

Surfrat

I never owned a surfmaster 150 with an aluminum spool and I saw one missing a bushing but cheap so I went for it. I lost at the last minute... :-[  :P

Shellbelly

Quote from: Surfrat on October 24, 2023, 09:59:08 AMsurfmaster 150
One of the many good things about Surfmasters is they share parts that are still plentiful.  They are one of those lines that are still somewhat economical to build as new vs buy used and repair.  Then, there's all the tempting custom stuff that really sets them apart in looks and performance. 

Be careful, you'll soon be knocking on Jigmaster's door.  Many fishermen have never returned from there!

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Surfrat

I have been looking for a Penn Surfmaster 150 with an aluminum spool or just  a plain 150 and have not own one yet.  :P I love the Surfmasters and Jigmasters but I can count all of them with one hand. I have a black Jigmaster 500 (USA) with a chipped handle plate but I still use it for casting lures.  :fish

I always have a jolly spot for the Surfmasters.  ;D  ::)

OhReely

If you have a Beachmaster 160 and a Surfmaster 200 you can swap stands, posts and spools and build a Beachmaster 155 and a Surfmazter 150.

OhReely

My weaknesses:
Any generation Penn Spinfisher
Penn 349
Penn 49
Penn Senators