Apologies and very late fishing report.

Started by Retired lathe man, February 15, 2022, 12:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retired lathe man

My apologies to the forum for being absent.
Family obligations have occupied nearly all of my time,not complaining, it's just the way it is, I,m lucky to still have my Mother(91 yrs old) and consider it a blessing to help in any way I can.
My wife and I did get to go to nags head late September and fished off the Jennettes pier,The fish were there but you had to work for them.
Wound up with several Spanish mackerel in the 20 inch range and Bluefish in the 18 inch range.All were caught on light tackle using Gotcha plugs.
If I can't catch big fish i'll just use light tackle to make them feel big!
The water was to warm for the big drum and after catching nothing but big skates on my 9500ss I gave up and just fished for trout,mackerel etc... still a lot of fun.
Interesting the limit on bluefish was 3 not sure whats going on with that.
Again guys and gals sorry for the lengthy delay in reporting in,The people on this forum have been good to me and assisted in getting some of my older tackle back in service and I appreciate that.
Respectfully Lathe Man.

pjstevko

No need to apologize we all understand....

Glad you were able to get into some fish. It's always nice to feel the rod bend!

Wompus Cat

No problems with the late Report and sometimes a late report can get  improved over time  I have heard . ::)
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Gfish

Sounds like your Mom is also blessed that you are there for her.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Crow

Amen, to that ! Family always comes first !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !