South Bend Classic 930 v 935

Started by Catching Nemo, January 04, 2022, 04:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catching Nemo

Hi. Can anyone provide the spool dimensions (diameter and thickness) of a 935 versus a 930?  I acquired two Classic reels, one of which is missing its badge. One of them is barely larger than the other one.  The larger one has a 935 badge. Whether or not that is the original badge or slapped on from some other reel, I don't know.

By process of elimination, the smaller reel (missing a badge) should be a 930, but I would like to know for sure. Maybe knowing the spool sizes would confirm.

mo65

I once bought a 930 on eBay...when it arrived it was actually a 925 with the wrong label. I'm sensing this mislabeling must have happened on occasion. And yes...the size difference between the 930 and the 935 is minimal...makes me wonder why they even made the 930. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Midway Tommy

The base of the 930 spool, the flange that goes inside the rotor cup, is a smidgen under 2.25 inches. That does not include the lineguard material.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Catching Nemo

Thanks guys. Hmmm.... The smaller spool is around 2 1/8 diameter, and the larger spool is around 2 1/4 diameter.   

Do you think I have a 930 and 935 here?

Or a 925 and a 930?

See pics. It's hard to tell in my pic, but the unmarked reel on the left does have a smaller body, rotor cup, and spool size.  Both reels have the South Bend logo on the bottom of the reel foot.

mo65

The 925 spool is only 1 3/4 inch.

Midway Tommy

It looks like a 930 to me.

Mike, where's your zero start line? It looks like you are holding on the 1/16th line.

When things are that close camera angles can be deceiving. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mo65

Quote from: Midway Tommy on January 05, 2022, 12:43:38 AM
Mike, where's your zero start line? It looks like you are holding on the 1/16th line.

I'll be damned...no wonder every thing I've built since 3rd grade has been a 16th off!! ;D

Paul Roberts

I have a 935. I measure the spool base at 60mm or 2-3/8".