Penn 505HS 506HS Side Plate Kit

Started by Cortez_Conversions, January 04, 2022, 04:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Yes, the JigMaster Magnum will be on the trip, not sure about the 505/506. I'm only taking two setups again this year, the Magnum and my Squidder.

Gfish,
Yes, at some point I'll do another run of the adjustable bearing caps. They will look a bit different than the heavy original design.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Gfish

Oh boy! Those were the cat's meow for conventional's you wanted cast every now and then.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Cortez_Conversions

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Gfish

COOL! The side plates, great lookin seat, bearings, 98-505 gear sleeve & star, SS posts. Get a Penn spool(505/506 slightly different than 500/501)+ gears + eccentric system... what am I missin?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

I'm checking out the side plates and I see Newell handles!! Guess I need to check more often
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Swami805

I Bought a set of plates about a month ago, I've been accumulating parts and started the build. As always very nicely made. I can't get the bearing in the blind hole on the handle side, the hole seems a tiny bit too small. Tried a few other bearings but no luck. I don't want to force it or I won't be able to get it out. Anyone else run into this with the 505hs plates? Any ideas, I'm thinking the anodizing may be a little too thick

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: Swami805 on March 10, 2023, 05:46:42 AMI Bought a set of plates about a month ago, I've been accumulating parts and started the build. As always very nicely made. I can't get the bearing in the blind hole on the handle side, the hole seems a tiny bit too small. Tried a few other bearings but no luck. I don't want to force it or I won't be able to get it out. Anyone else run into this with the 505hs plates? Any ideas, I'm thinking the anodizing may be a little too thick

Please don't force anything. Check to see if there are any burrs on the lip of the bearing pocket.
Best case would be to send it back to me and I'll figure it out.
Thanks,
Tom

Swami805