Angular Contact Bearings

Started by gstours, January 28, 2022, 04:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Question.   ??? Are these bearings generally spacific to which direction the side load is ?   And if so how does the person know how to properly use and install the bearing?   In a normal leverdrag reel this is the bearing of which im asking the general question.
  Thanks for your advice and comments. :-*

Keta

" Are these bearings generally spacific to which direction the side load is ? "

Yes.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

They have to be installed correctly . If you dont it can cause damage to the reel. If you dont know dont change them yourself.

Mike

Glos

There are single and double row angular contact bearings, btw.
Luck is when good preparation meets opportunity.

oldmanjoe

Just look at the side walls of the bearing , you should see the difference .
  here is a example   https://www.skf.com/us/products/rolling-bearings/ball-bearings/angular-contact-ball-bearings
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

gstours

Thanks for your replys,  :-* a few years ago i put one of these in a cheep china reel, it was obvious on that replacement bearing as it showed a "shoulder to which the balls would shoulder against.     The angular contact bearing was certainly the effort,  It solved the nag og the winding with heavy loads and is still working fine.......  Butt I wasnt sure upon a quick exam,  hence the q?
    Have a great weekend.

Glos

Quote from: gstours on January 29, 2022, 12:59:55 AM
Thanks for your replys,  :-* a few years ago i put one of these in a cheep china reel, it was obvious on that replacement bearing as it showed a "shoulder to which the balls would shoulder against.     The angular contact bearing was certainly the effort,  It solved the nag og the winding with heavy loads and is still working fine.......  Butt I wasnt sure upon a quick exam,  hence the q?
    Have a great weekend.

Those are long time overdue, to be introduced in certain type of reels. But somehow no one of the manufacturers cares.
They keep bringing up the prices and for no real added values, solutions.
Treating us as kids.
With deep pockets. I personally being only fresh water ( with no fish in those ) fisherman, have no real need for those, or have tested them my self. But I did notice them, here. There is some topic about them.
Luck is when good preparation meets opportunity.