Living the life

Started by Lunker Larry, February 02, 2022, 10:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunker Larry

Here's a pic of my dashboard at 6am 22 Jan when I was packing to head south to Florida.
Just a tad chilly. For our non metric friends, Fahrenheit and Celsius meet at minus 40.
Of course my check engine light decided to come on just as was leaving. Figuit was just due to the cold. It thawed out in Virginia and shut off.
My current view is the second pic and don't worry, although not in the picture a beer is close at hand.

We'll. Tried to post pic but no good.
Temp was minus 37 that morning. Now I'm sitting in a lanai watching the sun sparkle off the water in the 81degrees.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

foakes

We had a hot spell here last night in the Sierra Nevadas of California, Larry —

19 degrees.

Have a great time!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

conchydong

Welcome to Florida Larry. We just finished our coldest weather in 10 years. Hopefully it will stay nice for you.

Scott

Gfish

Alright LL! Are you gonna fish in Florida?
Don't know the sport fishing seasons there, but Snook, Tarpon and Bonefish out on the flats seems like it'd be a fun thing, eh?
-37 degrees—Ha! Mighta been onea those sensors on the intake manifold. MAP = manifold air pressure I think, would extremely cold air cause it to be too low?...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Lunker Larry

I bring a rod for large mouth. Some of the places we stay have them in the lakes/ponds around the golf courses and such. Also a surf rod for the beach. Nothing serious.
And that - 37c equates to - 34.6f
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Gfish

Cool. Never been to F., yet...
The MAP is Manifold "Absolute" Pressure. I was prolly way off, but was wonderin if air that cold would have very low pressure and affect the sensor reading. The MAP helps regulate air/fuel delivery ratio. If it's messing up, you would notice the engine running poorly.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!