Mike Keating's new boat.....

Started by alantani, March 11, 2022, 07:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

so, for those of you that know the keating family, mike and annemarie were the owners of the spirit of adventure.  i started fishing on the old SOA about 25 years ago, i have been a yearly customer since and will always continue.  a couple of years ago, mike and annemarie sold the SOA to evan and adrea kraft.  but mike had another boat.  well, actually it's a huge sportfisher.  and, um, well, now it's a 6-pack.  he is going to run trips out of h&m landing in san diego, but you book directly through annemarie.  i'm looking at dates in september and november.  there is nothing set as of yet.  the price for 6 guys on a 2.5 day trip with 2 days of fishing is estimated to be $10,900.  that translates to $908 per person per day, with tip and fish processing not included. 

these trips would not be cheap.  to give you an idea of the difference, our trips on the the SOA with 24 guys on an 8 day is $380 per day.  and there is nothing wrong with flying coach.  but mike's new boat will be totally first class.  if this is something that you would be interested in, then drop me a line.  nothing is set just yet.  thanks!!!!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: alantani on March 11, 2022, 07:49:23 PMso, for those of you that know the keating family, mike and annemarie were the owners of the spirit of adventure.  i started fishing on the old SOA about 25 years ago, i have been a yearly customer since and will always continue.  a couple of years ago, mike and annemarie sold the SOA to evan and adrea kraft.  but mike had another boat.  well, actually it's a huge sportfisher.  and, um, well, now it's a 6-pack.  he is going to run trips out of h&m landing in san diego, but you book directly through annemarie.  i'm looking at dates in september and november.  there is nothing set as of yet.  the price for 6 guys on a 2.5 day trip with 2 days of fishing is estimated to be $10,900.  that translates to $908 per person per day, with tip and fish processing not included. 

these trips would not be cheap.  to give you an idea of the difference, our trips on the the SOA with 24 guys on an 8 day is $380 per day.  and there is nothing wrong with flying coach.  but mike's new boat will be totally first class.  if this is something that you would be interested in, then drop me a line.  nothing is set just yet.  thanks!!!!  alan

How big is the boat?
Spec? links?
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

alantani

El Pescador

HOLY MOLY!!!!! :o

is Jeff Bezos in town!!!!

WOW!!!!!!  What an IMPRESSIVE-looking 6-pack boat!!!!!

I retire in July, put me on the list!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

alantani

ok, so far it's me and dave hall!!!!!

alantani

MarkT

While the salon looks a little better than the standard long range boat it doesn't look $900/day. I note that they don't show pictures of the staterooms which still have 2 people per room. I was expecting luxury like on a 72' Viking!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

Quote from: MarkT on March 11, 2022, 09:29:29 PMWhile the salon looks a little better than the standard long range boat it doesn't look $900/day. I note that they don't show pictures of the staterooms which still have 2 people per room. I was expecting luxury like on a 72' Viking!

no soup for you!!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Gfish

Wow! A fishing motor-yacht. Seems to have alota room outside. I like the pilot house, nice and simple looking. Come-on Mark, it's fishing, not luxury cruising. And only 3 days at that.
The price of fuel is going up, up, up.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Alan, if I can make the dates that you pick in September I'm in! Please let me know when you decided upon a date.  Thank you.

Shark Hunter

The Love Boat!
Love exciting and new.
Come aboard! We are expecting you. :P
Life is Good!

Midway Tommy

Pretty darn cool :o, but way beyond my means, especially considering the current conditions. I envy those that have those types resources. 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

alantani

Ben Tsutaoka Jeff Richards are in.

alantani

stoked4fishin

Hey Alan
Definitely keep me in mind for 2023!