my first SX is so noisy

Started by Dazza-K, February 01, 2012, 06:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheungfoz

I eliminated the infernal noise of my avet SX 5.3, shortening the pinion about 1mm, the part that works inside the bearing hole. Now it works soft and quietly.

barkley1956

Quote from: Cheungfoz on December 12, 2012, 01:18:14 AM
I eliminated the infernal noise of my avet SX 5.3, shortening the pinion about 1mm, the part that works inside the bearing hole. Now it works soft and quietly.

Do you mean the small pinion gear (key 22)? If so, which side did you shorten? the longer or shorter side?

johndtuttle

This requires some thought before you do this as proper fit inside the bearing is essential for the life of the bearing. if the inner sleeve is not completely supported then it will twist under load and shorten the life of the bearing.

I would directly approach Avet before attempting this type of modification.

best

Cheungfoz

Quote from: barkley1956 on February 12, 2013, 09:12:34 PM

Do you mean the small pinion gear (key 22)? If so, which side did you shorten? the longer or shorter side?

Yes, the longer side of the small pinion (key 22)