Finally built my 20/0

Started by 1badf350, March 30, 2022, 12:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

jgp12000

That's too purty to fish with, I hear the jaws theme in my head though... 20/0 WOW ! It's a work of art !

JasonGotaProblem

I really wanna know how much line you end up putting on there.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Gfish

Wow! Great graphics. That one is worth double pictures. "We're gonna need a bigger boat!, but not a bigger reel!"
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Bill B

Incredible.  The tail plate graphics are spot on.  Keeping the original Penn graphics really makes that reel something special.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Penn Chronology

I keep going back to look at the pictures. I am finding hard to believe. This will become the center piece of of the 20/0's. I have no words.

Swami805

Those graphite so spot on.  You hit that one out of the park
Do what you can with that you have where you are

mo65

A fitting tribute to Penn...great work Chris! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

mhc

Thanks Chris - Is that the first set of after market plates of any size with the Penn graphics engraved? Certainly the first set I've seen. Spectacular!
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

handi2

Absolutely beautiful..!!

I stayed with the same color scheme too.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Squidder Bidder

WANT! Where did you get the engraving done? You're giving me lots of (expensive) ideas!

milne

My apologies for missing this thread Chris...

What a master piece !!  A truly special looking reel.
Congratulations, this will be a true centre piece in your collection..

Col

RowdyW

Quote from: foakes on March 30, 2022, 06:58:21 AMReally well done, Chris!

I need to build mine out.

My sideplates, frame & spool are all silver.

I wonder how the engraving would work on that?

Best, Fred
Fred you could probably get the engraving inlayed in black, gold, or any color.

foakes

That is a great idea, Rudy!

Already selected an engraving shop down in Clovis with the latest computer laser systems.  Took 16/0 plates to them to complete a pattern and proof.  I have both seen their work and talked to the guy in person.

Was between doing black, red, Penn green, or Penn blue —- but the gold is an idea that I had not considered.  Whatever color I choose for the inlay —- the crank knob & eccentric lever will match it.

Thanks!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.