TS301

Started by jetman, February 01, 2012, 05:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

sent two to new zealand.  one made it, one did not.  sent a couple to australia, no problem.  got one ready to go to greece.  send a pm with an address and i will send it out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

John Tanner

Any issues with sending TSI 301 to Canada, Alan?

Thanks.

John Tanner

Anyone know how I can order TSI-301 for delivery to Canada?

bluefish69

Just call them. They are in N.J. & are very nice to deal with.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

alantani

the can is 8 ounces and can go regular post because the liquid is non-flammable, non-toxic and non-hazardous.  it's just really expensive to ship.   :-\

John Tanner

Since it's for my musky reels and I don't require crazy spool speeds for casting 3-10oz baits, I'll just apply a touch of hot sauce to my (non-ceramic) bearings and worm gear.  Found it difficult to contact American Gas & Chemical--haven't called me back so decision made.  Thanks anyways.

Yai

hi alan,

got difficulty in getting the 301 shipped to singapore even after going thru com gateway.com website.
any chance if i can get hold of this stuff from anyone out here?

cheers to all

alantani

i have one more can left and will ship that as well. 

Gaujo

Alan, i pretty much exclusively troll my big reels.  Does this super high freespool matter in this situation?
Nothing but friends & fins on alantani.com

Bryan Young

On reels exclusively used for trolling, I would recommend grease packed bearings.  Free spool will not matter for you...but if you decide to live bait, well, it will drastically limit the free movement of our live bait.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Gaujo

ooooooh.  I live bait all the time for King mackerel.  So you don't keep the spool in strike while trolling?

wallacewt

freespool  is needed to get your live bait back the right distance or down to the right depth.faster the better.then put it in strike.if you are using lures freespool is not as important. myself i like plenty of freespool for all occasions.i dont grease any spool bearings.hand feeding a line out is  a pita.everybody has there own way.hope this helps.

Gaujo

10-4, thanks good buddy.

SoCalAngler

Here on the southwest coast of the US and in Mexican waters when you talk live bait your mostly talking about fly linning them when fishing for pelagic fish. That is fishing live bait from a drifting or anchored boat with no weight added to the line and allowing the bait to take line out as freely as possible. We are mostly a live bait fishery and the more healthy and hard charging baits get bit better most of the time. Also casting live bait as far as you can away from the boat and then letting it run can be a key to better hook up rates. Thats why we left coasters are always looking for the best freespool a reel offers. Yes, we do sometimes slow troll live bait (mostly on private boats) and other times we troll lures, feathers and plugs (private and charter boats) but this is mostly done to locate a school of feeding fish and when it is found it is time to fly line baits. So when people talk about live bait fishing some others and myself may think right away to fly linning baits. Whats where some of the confusion may lay.

Gaujo

Thx for the info, I did not know that