Fishing Reel Clocks

Started by Finest Kind, June 18, 2023, 01:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finest Kind

I was looking through an old copy of Salt Water Sportsman magazine (March 1974) and I saw this ad for fishing reel clocks. They look like they are made with Penn 49M Super Mariner reels. They retained the sideplate which would have been a shame to lose. They look like really high quality clocks, more for an Executive's desk than a man cave. Pretty nice.
John

thrasher

I have always wanted to take a 16/0 picture sideplate and make a wall clock out of it. One of these days I'll get around to it, maybe even one of those table lamps made out of the butt section of a rod while I'm at it. Or even better, the table lamp with one of those clocks mounted in the reel seat.

Thanks for posting, cool idea!

Cuttyhunker

They pop up on ebay and other sites for large bucks...pretty cool though.
Doomed from childhood

Maxed Out

2 have auctioned on eBay in the last 90 days. 1 had 5 bids and sold for $105. The other had 4 bids and sold for $205. Thats about the average price range for one in a auction format

Here's the 2 that I mentioned had recently sold on ebay
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Finest Kind

Thank you for that information Cuttyhunker and Maxed Out! For some reason I didn't think of eBay. There are a couple on there now in the 'Buy It Now' format for really crazy prices. Those auction prices seem pretty reasonable though. I imagine they sold for quite a bit back in the 1970's. Originally I thought the clocks still had the original side plates. Now I see from the pictures Ted posted that they don't. Still really nice though.

whalebreath

Always liked these local products

thorhammer

Now you'd get a 330GTI with an Iphone 9 mounted in it for a clock.

Finest Kind

I like that idea. Love my 330GTi, and my iPhone I might like better if it was a clock!