Pacific Queen 3 day April 28 - May 1st, 2023....Join me!!!!!

Started by pjstevko, June 30, 2022, 05:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Bill B

Some big fish are coming over the rail.  Hope you catch a cow!  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pjstevko

Trips just over a week away and I can't even think about anything else!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

pjstevko

MarkT

They've been catching a bunch of 20-30# BFT lately. You can't assume you're always fishing for biggun's! Well, you can fish for them but catching is another thing!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Bill B

Quote from: pjstevko on April 19, 2023, 04:42:13 AM
Quote from: MarkT on April 19, 2023, 03:42:05 AMThink about taking your 20# rig too!
Not sure I have a 20# rig

You can always tie on a 20# leader to a 30#/40# and adjust your drags.  Or you can pick up something from me as you drive through.  I have a Fathom 25NLD2 and Okuma PCH I can rig up for you.  My 15XN doesn't have any braid yet otherwise you could take that. 
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

pjstevko

Quote from: Bill B on April 19, 2023, 08:11:42 AM
Quote from: pjstevko on April 19, 2023, 04:42:13 AM
Quote from: MarkT on April 19, 2023, 03:42:05 AMThink about taking your 20# rig too!
Not sure I have a 20# rig

You can always tie on a 20# leader to a 30#/40# and adjust your drags.  Or you can pick up something from me as you drive through.  I have a Fathom 25NLD2 and Okuma PCH I can rig up for you.  My 15XN doesn't have any braid yet otherwise you could take that. 
Bill I appreciate the offer of the loan but I'll just downsize my 30# if we get into dinks

pjstevko

By this time next week I'll be on the road to SD. I'm headed down the day before so I'm not driving in the middle of the night and so I can pick up my new Calstar 90J jig stick at Bob Sands and get some casting practice with it before we head out.  I got a room at the Sea Harbor so that once I'm there I just need to move the truck in the am and I'm all set.

The 1.5 - 3 day boats have been catching limits of small 20-40# bft but the fish have just now moved into day-boat range. With another couple of days with warm weather I'm hoping the bite stays steady and the bigger models show up!

pjstevko