...and we're back from the rockin' and rolling SOA July 1-4 3-day!

Started by Porthos, July 04, 2022, 07:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calingfornia Dreamin

I don't think our bft count could have been more than 20. I counted 13 on the first night drop and remember seeing Alan's second one come up in a subsequent drop on a different school but unless there was a whole other school that bit between 2am-5am that first night there's no way we even sniffed at 30 bft boated. By my count (and what I rememver seeing on the board on the evening of day 2) we had 16.
Working with lines on paper and/or at sea. Where there are pens or penns you'll likely find me.

Porthos

Then PJ could be right and the numbers were a running count. The 3 BFT may have been too few to have a running count. The last YT numbers I saw was 41 first and a 40 second, so who knows what their system is...

Donnyboat

Thanks for all the reports of your trip, yes choppy double swells, can churn up my tummy, I always have one or two travell calm tablets 1 hour before placing a foot on the boat, not sure if I would be okay on the second day though, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Calingfornia Dreamin

I'm still amazed this hols up to my standards considering how sloppy it was out there when I did it0EF54640-2E78-49B0-A52B-9317BA0FE614.jpeg
Working with lines on paper and/or at sea. Where there are pens or penns you'll likely find me.

Calingfornia Dreamin

Rocket Dog

Quote from: Maxed Out on July 06, 2022, 06:01:25 AMThanks for the kind words Ron. I re-read my post and it makes me sound like a whimpy whiner. My apologies. I do want to thank David hall for tolerating me as the worst roommate imaginable. At one point I didn't have the gumption to get out of my bunk and get a cup of water to try and down more Dramamine. David was on it. Sad to say about 5 minutes later it came back up. I'm still getting rehydrated, and eating like a horse

Ted,
I still feel the rocking. I too tried to take  more meds on Saturday morning only to run out and right into the chum bucket.

This is a trip to remember, that's for sure.

Jose

pjstevko

Quote from: Calingfornia Dreamin on July 06, 2022, 09:19:02 PMI'm still amazed this hols up to my standards considering how sloppy it was out there when I did it0EF54640-2E78-49B0-A52B-9317BA0FE614.jpeg
Quote from: Calingfornia Dreamin on July 06, 2022, 09:20:23 PMThis too

You think you're amazed imagine how the rest of us feel.....My writing is so bad a doctor can't even read it  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Calingfornia Dreamin

Mark, you were certainly one of the most seasoned of the crew. That said, we also had plenty less experienced anglers. All things considered I felt, as a group, we did a pretty remarkably good job converting hookups.

Those conditions took a toll on all of us. I was shocked to see that even you got a little green, that second night.

Porthos

Since I lost out on the "...that guy..." badge, I'll settle for runner-up as a "...ragtag scoundrel!!!"

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MarkT

So Wai, who did you nominate to replace you as "that guy"?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!