Donnyboat's Buddy fishing in Derby, North East of Broome, Western UA July 2022

Started by El Pescador, July 03, 2022, 01:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Member of Good Standing: Donnyboat (Don) sent this to me, and I had to laugh, I didn't understand about half of what his buddy was say'n, BUTT did get most of his story.  I asked Don if I could post, he said, Good Right Ahead.  Thanks Don.      Wayne

Hi Wayne this bloke lives in Derby, that is North East of Broome WA, have a reed & check out the rod footage from China, keep well cheers Don.

thanks Don

wow a hungy for a 12/0....got one anyway but a pair is always nice .....mines got a Len Butterworth.  ''exmouth''   chair rod rated 80lb... ffs its12mm tip and 30mm butt , weights 3.7kg and I can hang off it .... that  guy from Malvern East asks $2k for a 12/0, which is a rust bucket and says its a collectors item

talking big reels....was an Everol 20/0 single speed on Ebay went for $Au 500 but redneck wouldnot ship to Au...cost a kings ransom to spool it...as they take kilometres not metres

Did I tell you I purchased a mint Everol out of Italy about the same time I got 600 Daiwa from you... came in original styrene box...didnt look like its been spooled,  it had faint scratches on harness lugs. the differerence the 2 is like comparing Rolls Royce to a Lada

rods ....these advertised Lurekiller are tested to 20kg which few others match, cost $112 ea delivered. for solid Carbon tip...2.2mm,  butt12.5  which is less than parts price.... solid carbon seems to be the latest innovation odd that its cheaper to buy new....and these rods are your granpa's....tech moves on.... did you follow the links???? ......

health is OK...leg ulcers cleared up...doc said I had to reduce sugar levels.... unsweetened tea now, was always 2 heaped spoons..adds up guess

Fish...salmon are running here now ...put up a good fight for size, some silver bream, bite hard n fast but need a  small hook,,,,, and catfish .... which I hate ...trod on one years back and its barb nailed my foot inside the boot... cut the sole of and pulled out barb with fencincing pliers...24hrs of pain like having foot in boiling water..... they are not even good for bait. put one on shark line ,,,sliced the bodyfor smell and watched small shark swim past,,,,, never known a shark not to be hungry????

got a couple of 4kg spotted cod. mmmm so tasty

using sand whiting as bait, easy meat sometimes a dozen or so eachcast of bait net

you know how dogs chase their tail???? saw a1500mm shark doing that, half out of water, tail thrashing doing tight tight circles, totally oblivious to the mullet around it

now heres a story,  a true story.. When the road was flooded for 3 months during the wet I got picked up by boat and on the return trip, fished...got some nice fingermark,, put some frames on the 16/0 shark hook and got an 8ft grey. i used its belly flats as bait about 5kg bait ..
I suddenly the dog started barking backed up the beach...he was barking @ a3.5m  lizard we had seen earler.. the shadow moved back and forth just below water line.... Wound up the reel and felt again andhe was gone.what happened was when I go the shark ,the hook was nearly impossible to remove so I flattened the barb.... pity ... would have had more croc teeth  than Mick Dundee..needless to say that croc has not been seen since...

another time earlier we saw him in the shallows, because some lazy pricks left a big hammerhead laying on the beach..It could smell the carcass and wanted.he was visible for a couple, the cheeky bugger knew we had no rifle... when the tide went out the carcass was gone. his big daddy came in and swam off with a 2m+ shark...the little fella was waiting his turn in the pecking order. the big fella cleans out the net as soon as we set it  ...watched him one time swim along one side off net then ashe rose outof water to cross net to the otherside we started capping and yelling... 3 swishes of tail andhe was gone... the acceleration these guys have needs to be seen to be appreciated

wow is that the time ,,,,

till next
robbo

On 28 Jun 2022, at 09:26, Don Walton wrote:

Your looking for jigging rod, I have some here, but the cost of transport is
the problem, can you give me more details of the rod you have in mind, line
strength, casting weights & so on, I see about 4 or5 days ago, a lady in the
NT, sold a senator 12/0 for $100 it was only on for 20 min I rang her & she
said I was the forth person to ring, you should have herd her when I said
she could have got $ 350 to 400 bucks for it, hope you keeping well, has y
leg infection cleared up okay, cheers Don. are you catching any fish,

cheers robbo
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!