PENN JIGMASTER STAINLESS STEEL SLEEVES - COMPARISON . . .

Started by ez2cdave, July 22, 2022, 12:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldmanjoe

I also would like to see these photo`s of worn parts !!!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

thorhammer

I'd like to get to use a reel enough to get some worn dog pix!!!!!

ez2cdave

Quote from: mhc on July 24, 2022, 04:18:46 AM
Quote from: ez2cdave on July 22, 2022, 09:49:28 PM
Quote from: Gfish on July 22, 2022, 08:48:39 PMI buy from both makers and the only determining factor is availability. Haven't noticed any performance differences. One thing though, best to get stainless dogs to go with a SS gear sleeve, the brass can get chewed-on.

Where did you find Stainless Dogs for the Jigmaster ?  Neither Cortez nor PRO Challenger ( except for the double-dog Bridge ) make Dogs for the Jigmaster.

I can see how the Stainless Steel teeth on a Sleeve could cause higher wear on a Brass Dog.

Tight lines !

Dave F.

Keta used to supply us with stainless dogs for a lot of the Penn reels, including stock jigmasters. He started around 2012 but I don't think he has access to water cutter anymore.

Mike

Thanks, I'll try to contact him !

Tight Lines !

Dave F.

Keta

I might have some Jigmaster dogs but I have to dig for them.  The water cutter built a major CNC shop and has a big long term contract wita a major e-car manufacture and does not have time.  He hasn't gone fishing for 2 years too.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

ez2cdave

Quote from: Keta on July 26, 2022, 01:42:09 AMI might have some Jigmaster dogs but I have to dig for them.  The water cutter built a major CNC shop and has a big long term contract wita a major e-car manufacture and does not have time.  He hasn't gone fishing for 2 years too.

If you can find them, that would be great.

Tight Lines !

Dave F.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!