mak 20ll vs Mak 20ll SEA

Started by CooldadE, August 02, 2022, 07:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CooldadE

Can someone tell me the differences / pros and cons of these 2 reels ?

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

MarkT

• Open spool bearings with TSI-301 oil. Increases freespool 2-1/2 times.
• All non-spool bearings feature full grease pack for maximum longevity.
• SE reels will feature a yellowfin tuna etched into the side plate.
• Frames have been machined out for increased clearance between spool and cross bars.
• MK-8/10/15 will feature MK-20 size handle knobs.
• MK-20/30 features the MK-50 handle arm and knobs
• New lower speed 1.3:1 gear ratio featured in 20/30 sizes.

If it's just for trolling I'd think the standard model is fine.  For live bait fishing go with the SEa. For better colors go with the SEa!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

for me, it's the drag profile.  there is no big jump in drag pressure at the begging.  it's a more gradual progression.  to get that out of a penn visx, i have to grind the cam!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

sciaenops

I have the non-SEA 20ii for hvy jigging for bft. Fits this bill very well (smooth rugged plenty good freespool) - don't see much need for SEA for flatfalling. reduced frame weight maybe?

I do have the 10iiSEa for flylining on 40#. I'm guessing that was worth the xtra $50.

MarkT

Quote from: alantani on August 02, 2022, 08:18:15 PMfor me, it's the drag profile.  there is no big jump in drag pressure at the begging.  it's a more gradual progression.  to get that out of a penn visx, i have to grind the cam!
Cam is the same on both the 20 and 20 SEa?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gary760

About 8 years ago I bought a Mak 20ii it had the same extra machining on the frame as a SEA to give extra line clearance, I suspect Okuma standardised frames but did not advertise it in order to allow dealers to sell old stock.
It makes no sense for them to have 2 frame styles on the same reel