Adsbexchange.com Aircraft Tracking

Started by Bill B, August 05, 2022, 05:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

As an aviation buff, love aircraft but not completely thrilled with flying, I found:

adsbexchange.com

which shows all active aircraft around the world.  Not really sure about all military aircraft but I have found a few flying. From time to time we have had Predator drones flying overhead and Flightradar24 does not show them. It is similar to MarineTraffic.com. I was using Flightradar24.com but after some use I am beginning to like adsbexchange.com. I find this type of tracking especially useful during fire season to see where the air assets are being deployed on local fires.  Here is a screen shot from this morning.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shellbelly

Interesting!  I can't imagine being an Air Traffic Controller.  It's amazing what one can find these days. 

On the "disaster" subject, I like to access the National Bouy Data Center when big storms are approaching. It can be more "real-time" than TV news.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

foakes

Thanks, Bill —-

Just loaded it onto my iPad.

Been using flight tracker —- this looks and might be better.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Wolli

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Wolli

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

Bill B

Just an update, we had a Predator drone fly over, I could see it and ID it, and adbsexchange.com at least showed an aircraft but no ID.  Much better than Flightradar24 which did not show it.  Bill

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!