Worm Bed?

Started by jgp12000, August 23, 2022, 09:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philaroman

deep-fake a minnowmusky tail sticking out of that worm's pie-hole

Shellbelly

"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Catching Nemo

I can never get the worms to survive. I would harvest hundreds of them in the spring April-May during our wet weather.  By June, they are mostly dead, despite being placed in a container with rich soil etc.  Must be a pH imbalance or something not quite right in the soil mixture that is killing them off.

oc1

Once you get the knack for composting you will have all the worms you need.  Getting into the mind-set of having to wait a year between preparation and harvest is the only hard part.

Earth worms can catch inshore saltwater fish too.  Just work them like a worm/grub jig.  Salt pulls the fluid out of them so they give off a lot of scent.  The trouble is, they are not sturdy enough to last long when jigging, so bring a bunch of them.

If you were to accidently spill a dilute bleach solution on the ground then all the earth worms will crawl to the surface.

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: Catching Nemo on August 26, 2022, 02:16:13 AMI can never get the worms to survive. I would harvest hundreds of them in the spring April-May during our wet weather.  By June, they are mostly dead, despite being placed in a container with rich soil etc.  Must be a pH imbalance or something not quite right in the soil mixture that is killing them off.
A container of rich soil is what they create, not what they eat. Give them a container of stuff not yet broken down and see how they do.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Dominick

Go to youtube and search worm farm.  Tons of information.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jgp12000

Started worm bed today