Removing Reel Foot

Started by Corroded, September 03, 2022, 02:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corroded

Hello guys i aquired an accurate and the reel foot screws are loctited to the frame. Any ideas on how i can successfully remove the screws without stripping them? I was thinking maybe heating the screws with a soldering iron or something.

oldmanjoe

Hit it with heat , lighter or baroque torch to break the bond
                                          Barbecue
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: oldmanjoe on September 03, 2022, 04:26:13 PMHit it with heat , lighter or baroque torch to break the bond

Joe ,he could try baroque however I don't think much of it having any success unless to set the mood .
Baroque is a style of architecture, music, dance, painting, sculpture, poetry, and other arts that flourished in Europe from the early 17th century ..
 ::)  :d
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Wompus Cat on September 04, 2022, 02:48:19 AM
Quote from: oldmanjoe on September 03, 2022, 04:26:13 PMHit it with heat , lighter or baroque torch to break the bond

Joe ,he could try baroque however I don't think much of it having any success unless to set the mood .
Baroque is a style of architecture, music, dance, painting, sculpture, poetry, and other arts that flourished in Europe from the early 17th century ..
 ::)  :d
:cf   Someone is paying attention  I O U a cookie ...
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Ron Jones

Let them rust a bit and then put them under heavy load on a line winder. On second thought don't do that, Bryan young and one of the walls of the Boss' garage can tell you why  ;D
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Serrations

Mine came out easily after a few seconds of heat from a soldering gun. The soldering gun has the benefit of no open flame. Less chance of damage to line, finish, etc.
(Accurate Tern 500N)