Cormorants.. such a lovely bird

Started by Lunker Larry, September 04, 2022, 03:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave.C

Hey Lunker Larry,
In Ontario we are allowed to shoot cormorants since 2020,15 bird daily limit from September 15 to December 31st.
They put a real hurt on the Brown we release into Lake Huron, and rainbows in the Saugeen.

nelz

You wanna talk about nuisance birds? We have Muscovy ducks in the neighborhood, crapping HUGE turds all over driveways and yards. And idiot neighbors are feeding them, encouraging them to stay and multiply. I guess they enjoy tracking sh?t into their homes. >:(

Keta

Muscovys are non indigenous turd birds but they are tasty.
Wild turkeys and gease leave large landmines too.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

nelz

I live in a small community, if I were seen walking around with a gun, I'd be arrested. Not to mention the "animal cruelty" laws... would result in the same... arrested.

Jimmer

The shitaquarts can actually destroy concrete structures, such as the old lighthouse on  pilot island in door county WI, (Lake Michigan)
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

Their roosting areas are very good catfish fishing spots.

philaroman

Quote from: nelz on December 24, 2022, 05:53:33 PMI live in a small community, if I were seen walking around with a gun, I'd be arrested. Not to mention the "animal cruelty" laws... would result in the same... arrested.

would you get arrested for feeding 'em?  make turducken bombs:
couple AlkaSeltzer tabs in cling-wrap go into a fish; fish goes into a shitaquart; WALK AWAY!!!

nelz

philaroman

Quote from: nelz on December 24, 2022, 07:47:19 PMWhat the heck does AlkaSeltzer do?

acid & base salts, DRY...  upon contact w/ moisture they react & make gas (CO2?)
EXPANDS RAPIDLY!!!  1/2 tab in a shrimp will blow up a gull -- pink mist from cloaca...  cling-wrap is delay fuse
I'm a bad person for suggesting, or even knowing, this...  but that's just me, AND I HAVE TO LIVE w/ ME  ::)

Gfish

Quote from: 0119 on December 24, 2022, 06:36:24 PMTheir roosting areas are very good catfish fishing spots.

Ah ha! I knew there hada be "some" redeeming value to "shitaquarts". Maybe carp, too.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!