Last Meal?

Started by jgp12000, September 11, 2022, 11:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

If you had to choose your last meal what would it be,(Bacon doesn't count unless you choose breakfast or "Brupper"? Mine would be <ham,tater salad,green beans,and sliced home grown tomatoes,with lots of black pepper/little salt>

Squidder Bidder

Either a dry aged Porterhouse rare or a roast duck. Maybe both together. Porterhouse A la Crispy Duck?

Shellbelly

Rabbit.  Collard greens with chopped bacon.  Mashed potatoes.  REAL German black pumpernickel
rye bread.  Hot peach cobbler.  Lemonade.  One shot of Wellers 107.

I won't feel a thing after all that.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Wompus Cat

If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

philaroman

BRAINS, HEARTS & LUNGS harvested from the SOBs that got me convicted!  :o

...AND, Raquel Welch, BEFORE Wompus gets his paws on her

jgp12000

Squidder when u say dry aged is that when they let the meat turn black and cut the black off right before it's grilled?I heard about a steakhouse in NYC that does it?

Squidder Bidder

Quote from: jgp12000 on September 11, 2022, 05:59:35 PMSquidder when u say dry aged is that when they let the meat turn black and cut the black off right before it's grilled?I heard about a steakhouse in NYC that does it?

Well, sort of - it's the process of allowing the meat's enzymes to naturally tenderize it and positively impact its flavor by making it taste more "beefy." In dry aging, the beef will loose weight through evaporative processes also, which processes concentrates the beef's flavor. Some of the outside will be somewhat inedible, dry crust that must be removed before cooking.

JasonGotaProblem

My dad dry ages his own steaks. Spent years refining the process. Just for the heck of it. They're quite tasty. But his teriyaki skirt steak is what I'd take last.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.