Golden Carp Award

Started by theswimmer, September 26, 2022, 08:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Ok , who holds the Golden Carp ?
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

David Hall

I may be the current holder of the title but Tim never relenquished the trophy.

pjstevko

Sure wish we could get a hold of it and keep it within the group....

David Hall

Maybe we could rename it in BTs honor.  Call it the BT Golden Carp Award or something like that.

Ron Jones

The golden carp is proudly displayed on my night stand. I am bringing it down to Alan's over the weekend. Mr. Hall is correct, it is rightfully his, I just haven't been able to get it to him.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

El Pescador

A Golden Carp Award is my vote!!!!

I've watched Big Tim throw ONLY HEX JIGS all day catching everything on the bottom of the ocean!!!!

EVEN the SMALLEST FISH!!!!

And man, was TIM so proud of everything fish he brought over the rail!!!!

Growing up in Fresno, CA - He made Morro Bay his #1 fishing designation.  Knew all the charter boat captains and had his favorites.

May God rest his soul.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

theswimmer

Not everyone knows about the legend of the Golden Carp .
On my first trip down to the clubhouse to fish with all the boys Miss Mari and I stopped at a yard sale . Mostly because they had fishing rods out . There was nothing I was interested in but  looking through the massive pile of stuff I came across a small ceramic carp much like what you would see swimming in a koi pond . At the time I didn't know why I was buying the carp but when I arrived at the clubhouse and met all the guys I knew the carp had a reason for speaking to me .
In brainstorming with Big Tim and several other members  we came up with the idea of awarding the carp for the smallest fish caught. Many great pescadors have been the recipient of this award but I don't think anyone ever beat Big Tim's minimum fish. The photographic evidence proves that even the smallest red will take a hex bar. And that's the legend of
The Golden Carp award .
Thank you for safeguarding the award Ron !
Best ,
Jonny
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

Quote from: theswimmer on September 28, 2022, 07:26:38 PMNot everyone knows about the legend of the Golden Carp .
On my first trip down to the clubhouse to fish with all the boys Miss Mari and I stopped at a yard sale . Mostly because they had fishing rods out . There was nothing I was interested in but  looking through the massive pile of stuff I came across a small ceramic carp much like what you would see swimming in a koi pond . At the time I didn't know why I was buying the carp but when I arrived at the clubhouse and met all the guys I knew the carp had a reason for speaking to me .
In brainstorming with Big Tim and several other members  we came up with the idea of awarding the carp for the smallest fish caught. Many great pescadors have been the recipient of this award but I don't think anyone ever beat Big Tim's minimum fish. The photographic evidence proves that even the smallest red will take a hex bar. And that's the legend of
The Golden Carp award .
Thank you for safeguarding the award Ron !
Best ,
Jonny

Thanks for posting the history of the most prestigious award in club history!

theswimmer

It truly is my privilege to be a part of this group .
Tradition and fishing carry us all on many  adventures !
🎣🐟🐠

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

And This .
I think I winnn 🎉

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Better pic.IMG20221112093227.jpg

Errol Flynn

steelfish

where do I sign to be a contender ?
The Baja Guy

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

theswimmer

Quote from: Ron Jones on September 26, 2022, 09:35:38 PMThe golden carp is proudly displayed on my night stand. I am bringing it down to Alan's over the weekend. Mr. Hall is correct, it is rightfully his, I just haven't been able to get it to him.
The Man
Hey Ron did you ever turn the golden carp over to Alan ? As of the last Rock God trip I was the proud recipient of the golden carp in absentia....

Errol Flynn

Ron Jones

I actually didn't make that trip. I need to catch a smaller fish I guess?

PM me, and we'll figure out how to get it to you.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"