OG Bantam Curado parts NEEDED!

Started by MatsudaCustomBaits, October 26, 2022, 04:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatsudaCustomBaits

I'm looking for a few of these little hard to find parts for a few of my 91'-92'Bantam Curados/bantam scorpions. The two parts I need are the A/R pawl springs(both BNT 1121 and BNT 1122). I known they came on the bantam chronarchs, bantam scorpions, and the bantam curados(black/silver)but seems like no one has them. I'll attach a pic. They're the large round springs that look like hoop earrings lol

So who has the connections? 8)
Owner of Matsuda Custom Baits.
Where Quality...Meets Detail.
Located in the Great PNW🌲
https://matsudacustombaits.com/

philaroman

measure diameter & length of hooked extension
VERY similar (minus the "kink") springs are used in Shimano spinners that predate ARB
search for "Anti-Reverse Lock Out Spring" and all variations of what's one/two words
and whatever other brands might call same part

if you can match diameter, this type looks good to recreate "the kink":
(others look more similar, but this type has most extension "meat to work with")

Donnyboat

Should not be to hard to make some of them, maybe with stainless steel leed wire, I make springs for alvey reels with it, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

MatsudaCustomBaits

Quote from: philaroman on October 26, 2022, 07:49:42 PMmeasure diameter & length of hooked extension
VERY similar (minus the "kink") springs are used in Shimano spinners that predate ARB
search for "Anti-Reverse Lock Out Spring" and all variations of what's one/two words
and whatever other brands might call same part

if you can match diameter, this type looks good to recreate "the kink":
(others look more similar, but this type has most extension "meat to work with")

What a coincidence! I was looking through and saw the lockout springs for the spinning reels and noticed how similar they were to these springs. I saved a bunch that were similar to the parts I needed. Great minds think alike. I just hate ordering parts that may not work as many sellers won't go that extra mile and send me any measurements or dimensions. Appreciate the feedback!

MatsudaCustomBaits

Quote from: Donnyboat on October 26, 2022, 10:59:26 PMShould not be to hard to make some of them, maybe with stainless steel leed wire, I make springs for alvey reels with it, good luck, cheers Don.
Don thank you for the idea. I'd imagine I could form the ultra thin wire with some heat and through heating and cooling (quickly) it would hold the form of the spring. It's worth a shot thank you! -Todd

alantani

i have bnt 1121.  send a pm with your address and i'll get it into the mail. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

just found bnt 1122.  send a pm. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!