What is this for?
792BFF75-2117-436F-BA00-057E9735EBA7.jpeg

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Irishdevil0311

On some of my senators it doesn't go threw or to anywhere tho

Squidder Bidder

Quote from: Irishdevil0311 on October 12, 2022, 10:40:43 PMOn some of my senators it doesn't go threw or to anywhere tho

There's usually a narrow slot that would allow the oil to penetrate within the sideplate. These things tend to seize up though.

Brewcrafter

Has the exact same function as the ports in the photo on the eccentric jack and the end spool/bearing cap.  Place to put lube, and using the tube of Penn Grease included with the reel you could force it in under pressure. Look inside the side plate for an orifice that directly opens on the main gear.  That is the primary function in every Penn I have torn apart.  Easily plugged, hence why I have dental brushes in my tool arsenal. - john

Maxed Out

It comes thru, it's just hard to tell where unless you know where to look. That particular oil port goes directly onto the main gear, and on the underside the hole is well hidden in the gear housing
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Irishdevil0311

I have a Penn 309 that has it but it doesn't go threw the side plate. I know it's a oiler. I should have been more clear with my question. As in did they mass produce side plates for different reels then fill voids with the oiler? Mess up in production and not bore it all the way threw? Etc.
btw the pic is not of my reel it self. I copied off another post for a example because my reel is not available, as it is employed with a friend at the moment.
Thank you

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Irishdevil0311 on October 13, 2022, 09:07:07 PMI have a Penn 309 that has it but it doesn't go threw the side plate. I know it's a oiler. I should have been more clear with my question. As in did they mass produce side plates for different reels then fill voids with the oiler? Mess up in production and not bore it all the way threw? Etc.
btw the pic is not of my reel it self. I copied off another post for a example because my reel is not available, as it is employed with a friend at the moment.
Thank you
If you look at the side wall of where the main gear is you will find a exit hole , it may be covered with grease . It supply s  the main gear - pinion gear with oil .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare