Fathom II 60N size question

Started by Tunanorth, October 19, 2022, 05:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norm Vollmer

I have a 2022 Fathom 15N 2sp. that is my favorite 40lb. braid SPJ reel I have. I'm looking at new Fathom 2 10N 2sp. and noticed that high speed had considerably more resistance them my new 15N 2sp. I checked Fathom 2 15N 2sp. It too had extra high gear resistance. Is excessive high gear, handle drag likely to be, unbroken-in gear teeth. Preset was set moderately low.
Any day you don't learn something new, is a day you didn't pay attention.

Tunanorth

Quote from: Norm Vollmer on December 22, 2022, 02:14:01 AMI have a 2022 Fathom 15N 2sp. that is my favorite 40lb. braid SPJ reel I have. I'm looking at new Fathom 2 10N 2sp. and noticed that high speed had considerably more resistance them my new 15N 2sp. I checked Fathom 2 15N 2sp. It too had extra high gear resistance. Is excessive high gear, handle drag likely to be, unbroken-in gear teeth. Preset was set moderately low.

Tony is out of the office until 12/29.

Penn

Quote from: Norm Vollmer on December 22, 2022, 02:14:01 AMI have a 2022 Fathom 15N 2sp. that is my favorite 40lb. braid SPJ reel I have. I'm looking at new Fathom 2 10N 2sp. and noticed that high speed had considerably more resistance them my new 15N 2sp. I checked Fathom 2 15N 2sp. It too had extra high gear resistance. Is excessive high gear, handle drag likely to be, unbroken-in gear teeth. Preset was set moderately low.

Hello Norm,

Sorry to hear your Fathom II is giving you trouble.  If you like we can bring it in for warranty repair.  I will send you a message on how to start the warranty process.

Jim

Tunanorth

Back to the original topic; I got 675 yards of 80-pound Pro-Spec solid braid on my Fathom II 60LD2, with just enough room for maybe a 25 foot topshot.