New member from Boston checking in

Started by chino038, March 01, 2012, 08:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chino038

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to drop a quick hello note from snowy Boston.  I came across the site just recently and decided to take the plunge and sign on. As a newbie, please excuse any missteps at first.I've done most of my fishing on the east coast and crewed in Bermuda for years.  Can't say I favor one reel over another, its a very big mixed bag(Shimano, Penn,Daiwa, Abu, Fin Nor) and unfortunately it just got bigger as I picked up my first used  Pflueger after work tonight.  I'd welcome any advice on Kayak fishing other members might have as I'm just starting. Feel free to drop me a note.

Cheers,
Kurt

alantani

crud, i'm trying to remember.  there are two screws in the middle of the side plate.  leave them where they are.  drag washers need to be hand cut.  everything else is pretty straight forward.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

chino038

Hi Alan,

Nice to get a welcome from the master himself!! I was actually going to drop you an email as well, perhaps we're the only ones still  up. Ive got a mixed bag of gear that is in need of some long overdue tlc. I would imagine that you're jammed to the gills though. I was checking out the baitrunner tutorial and decided in was way over my paygrade :)

Irish Jigger

Welcome to the site chino038. I will pass on the baitrunner although there are guys on here who who are very conversant with them.

kamuwela

aloha from sunny hawaii, welcome to alans place glad you could join us

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Welcome Kurt.  Seems like winter is just starting over here in Sunny California.  Second day of the first winter rain...so it's not sunny...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

I'll trade your rain for some of our sideways snow Bryan.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Nessie Hunter

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

redsetta

G'day and welcome Kurt - good to have you aboard.
The Baitrunners can be daunting at first, but they're easier than they look.
They're worth maintaining as the clutch arm has a bad habit of corroding away if left to its own devices...
If you do decide to tackle it, just be sure to lay everything out in order (and the same way up).
They're so common here in NZ I reckon I could do one blindfolded at this stage.  ;)
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Norcal Pescador

Welcome Kurt! We all learned to crawl before we could run. Except Alan, of course. :D

Enjoy and prepare to be amazed at what you'll be able to do. Sounds like you just found a Baitrunner expert. ;)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Welcome Kurt:  I did a baitrunner once.  I managed to make it through with the tutorial.  If you got this far, sooner or later you will tackle it.  Remember this post when you are like Caesar when he had no more worlds to conquer.  You'll be crying because you have done all your reels and your friends reels and then you'll reach for the Baitrunner.  Good luck when you do.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.