Skyway action

Started by JasonGotaProblem, November 20, 2022, 03:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

Being from Florida myself and visiting Miami every summer spring break when I was a kid I can tell you that Tampa and the surrounding areas are some really beautiful places to live and fish.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: handi2 on November 22, 2022, 06:30:25 PMBeing from Florida myself and visiting Miami every summer spring break when I was a kid I can tell you that Tampa and the surrounding areas are some really beautiful places to live and fish.

Shhhhh it's already too crowded. 1000 new people a day move to Tampa Bay. Don't get me wrong, that's my livelihood, but it's also my commute.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

handi2

I dont think a major Hurricane has ever hit Tampa.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

60 years within driving distance from the skyway, I've never fished it. I've recently seen local news report it is being closed to angling in the name of bird preservation.

JasonGotaProblem

I get the emails directly from FWC. The way I heard it they're discussing banning sabiki rigs and any other multi hook rig at that site, not banning fishing as a whole.

I forgot to post this pic before, but I doubt they're investing in casting these if the plan is to ban fishing. Though logic and the FWC aren't always in the same room.

There are sooooooo many pelicans and seagulls there. I struggle to see how they're at all threatened.

philaroman

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on November 25, 2022, 05:41:07 PMThere are sooooooo many pelicans and seagulls there. I struggle to see how they're at all threatened.

tangent: 
what's the best hat brim width/angle that offers some poo shielding, yet does not impede casting?

JasonGotaProblem

Quote from: philaroman on November 25, 2022, 07:16:06 PM
Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on November 25, 2022, 05:41:07 PMThere are sooooooo many pelicans and seagulls there. I struggle to see how they're at all threatened.

tangent:
what's the best hat brim width/angle that offers some poo shielding, yet does not impede casting?
If you ask my wife she'd say I have a straw hat collection, but I don't think 4 constitutes a collection. To me the wider the better. I've got friends losing chunks of their faces as moles start growing and I don't wanna do that. I've never found one so large that it impedes casting. But I have very broad shoulders and long arms.