Mitchell 300 dog spring

Started by SirCranksalot, November 21, 2022, 12:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

We are over at the Coast for the TG Holiday.

We are returning over the weekend —- I will send one out Monday.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handi2

There are shims inside the neck of the body where the rotor goes in
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

jgp12000

SirCranksalot

Quote from: SirCranksalot on November 24, 2022, 01:43:36 PM
Quote from: foakes on November 24, 2022, 01:55:14 AMIf your reel "clicked" before disassembly —- then th3 dog and spring is somewhere around your work area —- o4 hidden in a greasy paper towel in your waste bin —- or stuck to something due to the nature of that blank funky grease in there.

If you can't find it —- I can send you another.

I think yours should be metal —- but they also come in white nylon.

Best, Fred

Thx Fred

There was no clicking sound before I took it apart. i got that year years ago either from a garage sale or Kijiji, so the prev owner may well have lost it. I will have another look just to make double-dog sure that it's not among my tools etc.

How do I arrange to get one from you if I cannot find it?

BTW---Just curious:Do you know the purpose of that straight wire that I identified as a spring? It bends a tiny bit when I rotate the AR. Looking at your pic though, it looks as if the motion of the cam against the upper leg of the dog would create the req'd movement to engage/disengage the gears on the dog. 

Thx for your help

Hi Fred,

I sent you a PM some time ago but did not hear back. I understand if are busy at this time of year but I am not 100% sure it went thru.

Thx
Harold

foakes

Yeah, we have been on our Anniversary over at the Coast for a week.  Got back a couple of days ago.

Let me know what you need and I will gather it up and send it out.  Also need your full name and mailing address, please.

Playing catch-up.

Sent out (4) reels yesterday, and another (2) today, plus some parts.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.